Sunday 18 November 2012

Review: theBalm stainiac lip stain in 'Beauty Queen'!

Berry stain time! Fall brings out the darker reds, cranberries, greens, blues and earthy hues in the fashion and make up world! Unforunately I don't approve very much of the clothes at this time of year, too dark and sad. The make up however I really am enjoying, the dark lips and smoldering eyes I do love seeing.

This lipstain by the still quite indie brand theBalm is the best stain I've tried so far. Much better than The Body Shop lipstain I reviewed here!

I bought this stain together with a bunch of goodies last year in my theBalm haul from SaSa here in Singapore! (check out the haul here)

Continue below for the review!

theBalm stainiac lip & cheek tint in 'beauty queen'!
The packaging of the stain is like many liquid stains, in a tube with a stiff sponge wand, it's small and sleek. I like being able to see the stain in the bottle.
Swatches of Stainiac in Beauty Queen
Applied on for a few seconds and then wiped off. The stain is very even and strong.
This stain is very interesting to me, it has a lovely texture and applies like a dream compared to the stain by The Body Shop. Where the stain from TBS is a thin gel and applies unevenly, staining some areas darker than others, theBalm's stain goes on like a fairly thick but still light gel and stains very evenly.
This stain is in the shade 'beauty queen', this stain comes in 3 shades, one is a lighter pink than this dark berry and the other a more orange pink shade. There's quite a strong smell I can't quite describe, almost like a sharp flowery medicine scent which goes away after application.
In terms of wear this does much better than TBS and the Revlon stain pens which were a complete fail for me. This gel stains heavily but isn't too drying. After use, my lips don't feel more dry than they normally are and my lips peel a lot frequently and get dry easily, hence I don't wear much lip product besides balms on the daily basis. 
 
Testing the stain!
Bare lips
One layer of theBalm lipstain
Two layers, it looks so even and pigmented like a rich rose
Two layers with a coat of clear gloss!
I'm using a clear gloss by NYX, it's the only clear gloss I have!
After a few hours, with eating and drinking, the stain has worn off but still some remains on the bottom quite evenly.
I think the combination of the lipstain and the cleargloss is really great for a juicy pout. It could be well layered with a lipstick or colored gloss too!

Paid: $25.90 SGD ($21 USD)

Recommend: If you're looking for a gel textured berry shade stain that comes in a good easy size I'd recommend this completely! It's of great quality for the price!

Repurchase: I don't think I'd be finishing this time anytime soon so most likely not! I want to invest in trying a ysl glossy stain!

Bottom line: This stain is a great berry colored stain for the fall and for those who want to try this classic shade of stain. It stains very evenly and lasts quite well, with reapplication it still looks great.

Have you tried any stains before? 
Do you like this berry shade? 
let me know!


Feel free to comment! Thanks!

 

28 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, I think this is the one that suits everyone :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes, berry seems to work on most everyone and I love how the application is very even ^^

      Delete
  3. Nice colors and review, i love lip stains.:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girly, lipstains can be temperamental but not this one!

      Delete
  4. This color looks fantastic! Wish I could get my hands on it! :o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the most common color I believe but the texture and wear of it is amazing!

      Delete
  5. it looks pretty on you! really lovely ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is a gorgeous colour on you! I love how it applies to your lips - often stains can be a bit uneven and look like you just drew your lips in with a marker - but this one looks pigmented but soft, and I love it paired with a gloss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, this texture and wear is really great. I've been very happy with this stain of all. I can reapply throughout the day after rubbing bits away and it still looks so even! :) The gloss helps it wear longer too!

      Delete
  7. i have a sample and full size of this stain and I LOVE IT! :) it looks great on you!

    vickyhoang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, I'd love to get samples of theBalm products! Thanks :)

      Delete
  8. I personally really like the look of lip stains but I find that some of it can be a little drying on the lips. This colour is gorgeous!

    Liz
    chewylove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know where you're coming from! that's why I find a gloss quite a must with all stains!

      Delete
  9. I think the shade really suits you. Great blog.

    Newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks for thinking so! I'm glad you've joined! ^^

      Delete
  10. It's a beautiful colour but in my opinion you shouldn't add a gloss overit, it's prettier without :)
    but oh gosh, your blog,... it's so fab, like srsly!
    Naturally, I followed you haha :)
    mind checking out my blog too and maybe, follow back? :)
    Anyways, have a great day love!
    xoxo
    J.
    >http://www.fabulosis.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm glad you find that it's pretty without gloss, I think you could go without it with this formula, it's brilliantly even without a top coat so to speak. I rarely wear gloss though! Thanks for thinking so, I'll definitely check yours out too!

      Delete
  11. wow, i don't like the lip stains because i never get any colour out of it but, man your lips are really coloured! and with the clear gloss on top it's fantastic!!! great with your wiped swatches, i can really tell of the pigmentation that it's great!!!/Azure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do have very pink lips to start with so that does effect the color! ^^

      Delete
  12. Ah, this is such a lovely color! Love how well it builds up after two layers. I should test out my Benetint more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find most stains do build up nicely but in terms of how it feels on my lips this is amazing compared to others. I've yet to try benetint but I hope it's good too!

      Delete
  13. I'd say this lip stain stayed on quite well. I've tried this before but my natural lip colour is pink so the shades for a lip stain always look hot pink on me....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, i know what you mean with the color looking unexpected because of the color of your natural lips!

      Delete
  14. The color is very lovely.

    Tracy @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

    P.S. I'm having a Giveaway for a set of Nail Polishes, a Clutch, and Necklace/Earring Set.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the Balm! it lasted pretty long for you. :)

    <3, Mel
    beautyTRIBUNE.com

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO LEAVE A LINK TO YOUR BLOG!

I DO NOT FOLLOW FOR A FOLLOW.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...