Friday 19 December 2014

Rave review: MAC Mineralize Blush in Gentle!

Mineralize blush in Gentle! For those who aren't aware I've owned very few MAC products! I have owned a total of 3 single eyeshadows, lost the one that I loved the most, didn't get much use of one because it wasn't that good and then forgot about the third one at the back of my stash! Believe it or not I've never owned a foundation, powder, blush or LIPSTICK...Yes I said I've never owned a MAC lipstick before! AHHHH!

Hence as I was on my way to Bandung Indonesia for a relaxing long getaway (see my holiday post here) I had to drop by the Mac store inside Singapore Changi Airport for a quick shop and decided I was going to spoil myself with some mineralize blushes that I was secretly lusting for! I swatched all in store, picked two and we headed straight to the gate for our flight!

Continue below for the review!
MAC Mineralize Blush in Gentle!
MAC Mineralize Blush in Gentle!

MAC Mineralize Blush in Gentle!


MAC Mineralize Blush in Gentle!
Packaging & Product!

I've always been a fan of sleek plain black packaging...whether or not you're charging pennies like a brand like ELF, a more drugstore price of NYX or Sleek, or high end like NARS and MAC black and simple looks classic. The exterior box is simple and very descriptive, there's a label of the shade on the top of box which is a sticker instead of the name being printed on the actual box. 

These blushes are the newly packaged mineralize blushes. The actual blush clam shell is like a regular compact that's curved with the bottom side of the compact curved in instead of being flat. From what I can see online the new packaging is slimmer and more compact. You get 3.2 g of product which I'm unsure if that's more, less or the same as the original packaging. I have to say that it's not much product as regular drugstore brands give you 4-6 grams and brands like thebalm and sleek give you a whooping 6-8 grams!

Right onto the product...I've loved every baked blush I've owned and this one is no different. The texture of these are silky, smooth and buttery. You need the lightest touch of a finger or brush and the product easily transfers! I love how fine the powder is and therefore it applies beautifully, evenly and so flawlessly and ends up looking like a beautiful glow on the cheeks.

Swatches of MAC Mineralize Blush in Gentle! Swatched and blended out!

I had swatched all the shades in store in the airport and I knew I wanted a pink and a nude/warm shade hence I picked up Gentle for my pink shade. It's a beautiful strawberry pink that reminds me of a more translucent version of theBalm's instain blush houndstooth. Due to the translucent quality of these blushes, when worn lightly or not too heavily, the skin comes through the color and hence the blush looks so lit from within.

I can see how this blush would look amazing on anyone's complexion. It can be worn sheer and built up to a much more pigmented pink! I absolutely love this shade and have been wearing it like crazy, it last the entire day and fades slightly towards the end without being patchy or obvious!
Wearing MAC Mineralize Blush in Gentle!
MAC Mineralize Blush in Love Joy and Gentle! My first two and only MAC blushes! It's LOVE!
Paid: Purchased at Duty free $34. 50 SGD (regular price is $37 SGD or $28 USD)

Recommend: YES! These are flawless, they are so smooth, so fine, can be worn sheer or full on pigmented and apply and blend out like a dream! These are great for all complexions, fair to deep!

Repurchase: Maybe, I have plenty of blushes in my collection and because I swatched ALL of the shades in store and decided on my two favorites I think I'm happy and don't need anymore but another pink shade might just tempt me in the future!

Bottom line: This blush has an amazingly smooth, fine, silky texture! The color payoff is beautiful both sheer and when applied more heavily. This shade would look amazing on fair all the way to deeper tones! Definitely check out the mineralize blushes from MAC!

What MAC blushes do you own?
Have any mineralize ones?
Let me know!

Feel free to comment!
Thank you!

14 comments:

  1. a pretty shade for sure. not sure how i feel about MAC's new packaging though. sort of liked how compact the old ones were

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it the new packaging from MAC? I believe the MAC blush that I have, have different packaging,I like the old one better.. :/
    Anyway, you picked up a lovely color! I have MAC blushes in Desert Rose and Peachy Keen. I like both and think they have good quality, the color Harmony and Mocca are on my wish list :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just looking at those a few days agoo.. urggghhh! I want it so bad! not a fan of the packaging though but I still love the bush :)
    http://steph-g.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I kinda like d new packaging... n d blush looks soo good on u

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree - I love MAC's mineralize blushes. They give a beautifully glowy finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that the new packaging lets you see the colors, but I think I prefer the old version though.

    You rock blushes so well! You have amazing cheek / cheek bones too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! I heard so many good things about this product, want to try it too (:
    artdicted2.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not used to the new packaging^^ I somehow prefer the old one. Or am I a bit too nostalgic? Hahah great review :)
    http://itsmeeejennyy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don´t like the new packaging ;D ;D but I love Gentle! such an amazing colour <3 Looks gorgeous in you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't hate the new packaging, but I don't love it either. I have Warm Soul in the old packaging and it says it has 3.5g of product. That's quite annoying that they've decreased it considering it wasn't very much to begin with! I do really love it though, the formula is luscious! Gentle is a super pretty pink :)

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't bought MAC in a while. I didn't know they have a new packaging. I have Gentle blush and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh how pretty! It actually looks mauve-y to me, and it looks great on you. Not a fan of the new packaging tbh, it looks a bit cheap :/

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do enjoy MAC Mineralize blushes! You should really try their lipstick sometime, it is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  14. PFT, I DON'T EVEN OWN MAC ANYTHING (probably won't ever either, since they are not cruelty free). I borrowed one of Jenn's MAC mineralize blushes and actually didn't care for it, as I found the pigmentation to be slightly lacking. And I think 3 grams of product is plenty, considering how long it takes to finish up blush...I MEAN, I HAVE SOME PRODUCTS THAT ARE LIKE, 7 GRAMS, AND I KNOW I'LL NEVER FINISH THAT UP so I'm thinking the less product, the better for me!

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO LEAVE A LINK TO YOUR BLOG!

I DO NOT FOLLOW FOR A FOLLOW.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...