Monday 7 May 2012

Skincare Review: Vichy Normaderm Day & Night anti-imperfection routine set (for acne prone/oily skin)


Having oily-combination type skin like many other ladies here in sunny sunny Singapore I invested into this value set of three full sized products from Vichy labratories Normaderm anti-imperfection line which is targeted towards oilier/acne prone skin.

I've been using these products on and off for the last 6 months and now can give a proper review on how it's worked for me and my skin.

Continue below for more photos, details and the review on the Normaderm products!

Vichy Normaderm day & night imperfection routine- Total pore resurfacing essence, hydrating care (day time moisturizer), rejuvenating care (night time moisturizer)


Vichy Normaderm day & night imperfection routine- Total pore resurfacing essence, hydrating care (day time moisturizer), rejuvenating care (night time moisturizer)


Vichy Normaderm day & night imperfection routine- Total pore resurfacing essence, hydrating care (day time moisturizer), rejuvenating care (night time moisturizer)
Vichy Normaderm day & night imperfection routine- Total pore resurfacing essence, hydrating care (day time moisturizer), rejuvenating care (night time moisturizer)


 Night Time Moisturizer

Vichy Normaderm Anti-imperfection rejuvenating care night time moisturizer



Vichy Normaderm Anti-imperfection rejuvenating care night time moisturizer- Full sized 30 ml tube
Vichy Normaderm Anti-imperfection rejuvenating care night time moisturizer
Product summary!

This night time moisturizer is the best product out of the three, it hasn't made my skin irritated or feel tight and painful even though it also contains alcohol. It comes out as a light green cream and blend into the skin very quickly with no sticky/shiny finish.

I believe it has helped the texture certain areas of my face like my forehead but otherwise no particularly large improvements. 

 Day Time Moisturizer

Vichy Normaderm Anti-imperfection tri-activ hydrating care day time moisturizer
Vichy Normaderm Anti-imperfection tri-activ hydrating care day time moisturizer



Vichy Normaderm Anti-imperfection tri-activ hydrating care day time moisturizer- full sized 50 ml pump bottle
Vichy Normaderm Anti-imperfection tri-activ hydrating care day time moisturizer
 Product summary!

My least favorite of the three products, this has many downsides in being a day time product. Firstly like the other two, it claims to be good for sensitive skin, however all three products contain denatured alcohol which is not the best for sensitive skin. Half a pump of product is enough for the entire face as it comes out as a white cream that melts easily into the skin.

It dries with a matte finish as it states however you can't layer any other products on top of this after it dries. The moisturizer when dry becomes a sort of 'skin' textured cling on top of your skin and it rubs off in little bits like rubbing off skin from a sun burn.

Also when applied to a completely freshly cleansed and dry face, this product really stung a lot around the nose and mouth and I had to wash my face sometimes to get rid of it because it hurt. Hence if your skin has any open/broken parts from a scratched pimple to a dry patch this would irritate it. Wearing only this on clean skin and sweating at all also causes the moisturizer to 'melt' and then the stinging begins!

I don't think this has improved my skin at all, it likely irritated my skin at times more than anything. So far I've tried using it consistently for a couple of weeks in the past and then used it every now and then but there hasn' t been a difference in how it feels. Still hurts, stings and peels off like dead skin.

 Total Pore Resurfacing Essence



 Product Summary!

The product that I'm undecided about, this is meant to reduce the size/tighten pores. It's a milky gel like consistency and smells of alcohol like the other two products which doesn't bother me. It comes in a full size, a 30 ml tube.

This is meant to be applied to areas such as the forehead/cheeks where pores are usually enlarged. I apply this to my cheeks, a dab on the forehead and nose. It does sting on the nose and surrounding area so I don't apply there very often.

I don't think this is the reason my pores have reduced in size over time, I attribute it to the change in my make up base routine, clay masks and deep exfoliating. This however gives the skin a slight tight feeling but other than that it hasn't made a noticeable difference whilst I used it.

Important details to note
  • This came as a special set with all 3 products in full size
  • They are 'designed' for sensitive asian skin but contain denatured alcohol
  • The active ingredient to fight acne is BHA or salicylic acid

Paid: $68 SGD ($54.50 USD) U.P. for all three is $117 SGD

Recommend: Only the night time moisturizer, it's the mildest product of the three and I'd only apply it on your oily/acne prone areas.

Repurchase: Probably none of these at all!

Bottom line: Even when fighting oily skin, the alcohol content, the stinging and BHA (salicylic acid) all over the face is too much. It should be applied as a spot treatment instead of being applied to even healthy skin on the face.

These products are too heavily ladden with alcohol to be 'friendly' to sensitive or hyper-allergenic skin. They made me itch and sting for the most part and unless your skin is really tough I would steer clear of these.

I've seen ladies holding tubes of this at the check out likely because of what they claim to do for their skin and yet this one lady had visibly very oily, shiny, tight and irritated red skin although pimple free. She'd benefit most from using a powder foundation which can do wonders at preventing pimples and evening out, mattifying and making oily skin comfortable.


Have you tried any products from the Vichy Normaderm line? 
Did they work for you?
 let me know!


Feel free to leave comments/questions! Thanks!

 

2 comments:

  1. ahhh thanks for the warning!! ya I got oily skin... so I'm going to stay away!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, do heed my bad experience! I don't understand how they can legit advertise for sensitive oily skin when the products are so counter active. Grrr...

      Delete

FEEL FREE TO LEAVE A LINK TO YOUR BLOG!

I DO NOT FOLLOW FOR A FOLLOW.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...