Sunday 6 May 2012

Quick look: Revlon Superlustrous lipgloss in Nude lustre! (comparison to other nude glosses)


Something I picked up last year but was dying to try after hearing a lot about how the consistency of this line from Revlon is apparently one of the best lipglosses drugstore wise by lots of beauty gurus online!

I picked up a nude shade of course, easy to wear and to layer! love the shade! I'm comparing it to an NYX and Majolica Majorca lipglosses also of a nude color.

Continue below for swatches and a comparison to 2 other nude shades!

Revlon Superlustrous lipgloss in 040 Nude lustre
Revlon Superlustrous lipgloss in 040 Nude lustre
Revlon Superlustrous lipgloss in 040 Nude lustre
Revlon Superlustrous lipgloss in 040 Nude lustre
Swatch of Revlon Superlustrous in Nude lustre


Packaging and Product!

Keeping things short, having very little experience with revlon lip products I have to say I'm impressed. Packaging wise I'm a fan of tube and wand products for lips, it's easy on the go and this line in particular look much classier than your typical tube from the drugstore. Nothing special except they look nicer and pricier than most others. 

I have to admit this buy was much influenced by the opinion of emilynoel83 from Beautybroadcast on youtube. I completely am in agreement with her in terms of quality, the texture is tacky enough to adhere and apply in a good even layer, it has a glossy finish, last very well layered over stains/lipsticks.

One downside I've personally come across is that worn alone or as a layer on top of something else, when it's almost all come off the texture of the gloss tends to cling onto drier patches on the lips and because my lips tend to peel often I find myself having to exfoliate lightly with tissue before applying more lip products.

Comparison to other nude lipglosses!

NYX smokey look, Majolica Majorca BE 248, Revlon superlustrous in Nude lustre

left to right: NYX, MM, Revlon (cool light)

left to right: NYX, MM, Revlon (warm light)

Revlon has the thickest/stickest consistency compared to the other two and is the most pigmented. Whereas NYX and MM have lots of fine visible golden shimmer, Revlon has shimmer but its barely visible.

In terms of wear time, Revlon does the best, although when it wears off it doesn't look that great as when compared to the other two. I wear Revlon layered with other products so it doesn't make my lips peel as much whereas the other two I'd wear by themselves.

Overall a good buy but I won't need a repurchase anytime soon. I do recommend it, although do keep in mind the amount you're getting is just under 6ml which is even less than the MM which may surprise you.

Paid: $18.90 SGD  ($15 USD) Purchased at any pharmacy (drugstore) in Singapore (watsons/guardian)



Do you have any Relvon Superlustrous lipglosses? Their lipsticks? let me know!



Feel free to leave comments! Thanks!



4 comments:

  1. oh I always adore those who are able to buy revlon products in their countries. T.T
    I loooove revlon lippies so much but they're not available here..this one looks like a shade I would wear often!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, you can't get them in Germany? Darn! Yes, it's such a wearale shade! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi, would you recommend the nyx one or revlon one for warm nc25ish skin? They look similar loll, thanks :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both would be exactly the same in terms of color on the skin, revlon is just slightly sheerer, just slightly. They are different in consistency. The NYX is less thick and runs more easily whereas revlon is sticker but last longer.

      Delete

FEEL FREE TO LEAVE A LINK TO YOUR BLOG!

I DO NOT FOLLOW FOR A FOLLOW.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...