Friday 24 January 2014

Afternoon at the Beach and Krispy Kreme Doughuts!

Krispy Kreme Doughnuts! Not a very commonly eaten pastry here in Asia, the only doughnuts I knew of growing up were big spongey, holey, airy chewy sugar coated ones from local bakeries that resemble very little of the ones in the US! In asia the doughnut craze has made bakeries in Taiwan, China and Singapore to come up with the cutest, most colorful and pretty things!

When Singapore found out that Krispy Kreme was coming into our little Island the hype was major! Their new store is located at the basement of Tangs shopping center in Orchard road. The line the first two days were endless. People waited for 30mins to 2 hours to get a doughnut!

Continue below for the day out and doughnuts!
Krispy kreme doughnuts finally are in Singapore!
Had another fun afternoon at the beach with my boyfriends family!
Here we are in our proudly dug hole, I'm an avid hole digger at the beach, all done by hand! His little brother is behind us!
Back from the beach, just had a shower and looking super pale!
The second day Krispy Kreme was opened we took the express que (whereby you must buy a dozen) and we both got a dozen of the original glazed doughnuts!
The first time I ever had a Krispy Kreme was in Bangkok on holiday last October!
Check out my Bangkok holiday post here!
My dozen of original glazed! They really are the best textured doughnuts I've ever had, doughnuts in normal asian bakeries are either very spongey or holey, these are like a dense cake!


How often do you eat doughnuts? Any particular shop you buy from?
Original glazed/sugared or other flavours?
Let me know!

Thank you for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Aw, now I want a Krispy Kreme Donut. ):
    They are mostly gone in IL now. Ooo I love going to the beach! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Krispy Kreme is no longer available near me and I do miss that sweet treat! yummy!!

    xo Glazed Over

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like Krispy Kreme doughnuts, but there isn't one nearby that I can easily get to. I live close to a Tim Horton's (they're actually everywhere here), which is a really popular Canadian coffee & donughnut shop that also serves soups and sandwiches and breakfast bagels. The doughnuts aren't bad and come in a variety of flavours with different toppings and fillings (and are pretty cheap), so I usually get one from there with my coffee. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally agree on the KK, its basically the only donut that literally "melts into your mouth" yummmm~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Krispy Kreme doughnuts use to be quite hard to find in Sydney too, but now its everywhere! I don't have it often though, but now you've got me craving it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. UGH YOU ARE YOUR BF ARE TOO CUTE TOGETHER ELKSLDSFFDG
    I used to have fond memories of my family going to the local Krispy Kreme and just watching how they made donuts, and I was constantly amazed at how many varieties they had there. It's been a while since I had a Krispy Kreme, but IA, they make amazing donuts!!

    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry ʘ‿ʘ | Makeup & Silly things

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO LEAVE A LINK TO YOUR BLOG!

I DO NOT FOLLOW FOR A FOLLOW.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...