Monday 27 January 2014

Review: Bourjois Smoky Eyes in Vert Trendy (Green trio)!

Bourjois Smoky Green trio! Recently some weeks ago I pulled out this old trio I picked up from Bourjois quite sometime ago and I used every shade in this trio for a dramatic look! I've always had eyes for the shadows from bourjois but my previous experience with their older formula single shadows was quite 'meh' although some shades had  a serious kick. The new reformulated ones are very pigmented and smooth but I haven't picked up any yet.

Continue below for the review and look!
Bourjois Smoky eyes trio in 08 Vert Trendy!
Bourjois Smoky eyes trio in 08 Vert Trendy!

Packaging & Product!

From the older line of trios, these are done very simply in a domed shaped round packaging with the three shadows together. This is not bulky for three shadows considering that they are quite domed and baked. I really like being able to see through the cap although the clear plastic looks a bit cheap. I've no qualms with cheaper looking packaging as long as its not too bulky and doesn't come a part.

The shadows themselves are quite a shimmer lovers dream. As a girl who religiously uses and love shimmer, metallic finishes in shadows these three shades are perfect. Super pigmented and metallic, they swatch not very pigmented with one swatch but build up to super opaque intensity with a flat brush.

I personally would use these shadows over a green base, black base or beige/nude base to give them a better 'pop' of color and to ensure they last all day without moving or fading at all. I had no issues with fall out, very minor and all three shades blend and work together very well. This is a great trio for green shadow lovers or for the fall/winter for smokey green eyes.

Bourjois Smoky eyes trio in 08 Vert Trendy!
One swatch of each shadow, they are opaque in two swatches, super smooth and very metallic!
Using all three shades in this smokey dramatic green eye! (Check out my full look here!)
Yes, I know my falsies are not in line, I have an issue with applying them to my left side!
Up close, these shadows are so easy to blend out and work amazing together, so rich and green and metallic! (Check out my full look here)
Paid: $15 USD or about $19 SGD (normal price for a quad or duo at the drugstore here)


Recommend: Yes, there are new trios out now with one gel liner shade and I would think if there was any improvements to the formulation this would be a huge bargain for creating simple one shade to three shade smokey looks!

Repurchase: No, as I'm trying to save up for more high end buys and holidays right now!

Bottom line: Super smooth, pigmented and great for more dramatic eye looks, the trios in this line from Bourjois are worth your time trying if you don't have similar shades or would like an already coordinated trio to use! Best used with a base for a true pop of color!

Do you have any eyeshadows from Bourjois?
Like using trios like this?
Let me know!

Feel free to comment! Thank you!

6 comments:

  1. these colours look GORGEOUS on you! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that green!! Thanks for the review, now I won't have any doubt to buy their eyeshadow. Been loving their Bio Detox foundie (which unfortunately was discontinued) and their 3d effet lipgloss. Now this one will be on my next hunting :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow the green is intense!! it suits your complexion really well!!
    I haven't tried any eyeshadow from Bourjois as I read mix reviews about them, but this trio looks like it has good payoff ^^
    As far as I can remember, I only own 1 green eye shadow from the L'oreal Infallible eye shadow but I don't wear it often..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow the shades of green are gorgeous in this palette. I love wearing green shadows. Looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The color look cool :D

    WWW.PUTRIVALENTINALIM.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and intense greens ! Love these :) and they suit you so well !

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO LEAVE A LINK TO YOUR BLOG!

I DO NOT FOLLOW FOR A FOLLOW.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...