Tuesday 20 January 2015

Review: Innisfree Apple Juicy Cleansing Oil!

Apple Juicy Cleansing Oil! Innisfree is not only a super affordable korean brand but they have such a great range of make up removers! From foaming cleanser to waters and oil, they are formulated with fruit/plant ingredients and extracts like apple and green tea! I totally was on the hunt for a cleansing oil and after using the tester in store to remove a lipstain and eyeliner in store I thought I should bring this guy home! I totally want the green tea cleansing water too, so I'll be going back for that!

Continue below for my full review!

Innisfree Apple Juicy Cleansing Oil!
Innisfree Apple Juicy Cleansing Oil!
Innisfree Apple Juicy Cleansing Oil! Description/Ingredients list!

Packaging & Product!

The bottle that this oil comes in is really quite pretty. I'm a huge fan of the apple green transparent plastic and the apple print on the bottle. Everything about the packaging is practical and cute and it's a good size at 150ml. My only qualm is that I wish they made the pump a twist and lock type so I don't have the the plastic stopper for the pump! 

This oil has a thin consistency and smells beautifully of fresh sweet green apples. It feels oily when applied but once wiped away your skin dries quickly and feels supple without being greasy. I had great fun using the tester for this to remove make up in store so I really was hoping it would work for my waterproof mascara. 

This product definitely takes of waterproof eyeliner/cream eyeshadow and other make up around the eye area and on the face very easily! However it doesn't not remove my waterproof asian mascara! It can remove it but only after a really long time of soaking my lashes and lots of rubbing which really can irritate the skin and cause lashes to fall out!

Other than not being able to remove my super waterproof mascara this really smell great and feels on the skin. If you're one that doesn't use super waterproof formulas on the eyes this should be a lovely option to try! This should be fine for all skin types as long as you tone/wash your face after using this!

(Gel eyeliner, powder eyeshadow, lip stain, eyebrow mascara, gel pencil, pencil eyeliner, cream eyeshadow, mascara): From top left to right: 1 swipe, 2 swipes, 3-4 swipes and 5-8 swipes!

As seen above this oil cleanser does a great job removing regular lip stains, eyeliners and cream shadows but when it comes to my gel eyeliner, brow mascara and regular mascara this formula just does not cut it! At my last photo I had swipes so many times back and forth with more pumps of oil but the products just didn't get cleansed away!

Innisfree Apple Juicy Cleansing Oil!
Paid: $21 SGD or about $15.60 USD 

(this is an average price for most drugstore make up/skincare)

Recommend: Yes, especially for those who don't use very waterproof eye make up and want to try a light oil that smells delicious!

Repurchase: No, mostly because it doesn't remove my waterproof mascara which I wear 9/10 times when I wear mascara!

Bottom line A super lovely sweet granny smith apple scent oil that's light and leaves your skin feeling non greasy. If you're new to innisfree they have a huge range of cleansers but if you're keen on trying a cleansing oil this is a lovely one to try!

Have you bought any cleansers from Innisfree?
What oil cleanser do you use?
Let me know!

Feel free to comment!
Thank you!

8 comments:

  1. I didn't try out any oil cleansers from Innisfree, but the olive oil cleanser is on my wishlist (since I'm not a fan of green apple scented products so much). What I like about them is, that you can obviously get efills (at least I saw that on the official Innisfree page). Thanks for the review ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharlynn,

    I like products with apple scent... The smell of apple is always very refreshing. However, it is a shame that it can't remove all mascara. On the brighter side, it is nice to know it can be very mild to our skin :D

    Btw, thanks for sharing a great egg cooking tip! I love to give your idea a go!!! :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard so much about this! I really want to get it because I love apples, but my The Body Shop Shiso Cleansing Oil is easier for me to get and it works so wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds good, I would love to try it out because I don't like using waterproof makeup so it'll be good for me. Hope i'll find it here. Nice review dear <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the review! I have been hearing good things about this. Too bad it doesn't remove waterproof products efficiently. But since I use a separate remover for eyes, I might look into this since I love the smell lol

    Stella
    www.pastelblvd.com
    Extravaganza K-Cosmetics Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always use waterproof makeup its a must here in the Philippines :) I might need something stronger.
    steph-g.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmmm yea this is a skip for me if it doesn't remove everything.... love Fancl's and DHC"s but those are $$$. wish less expensive ones would do the same job. they both emulsify and wash off amazingly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not a fan of cleansing oil as it tends to be very oily. It's a pity it didn't turn out as expected, otherwise it'll be a good buy with the nice apple scent.

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO LEAVE A LINK TO YOUR BLOG!

I DO NOT FOLLOW FOR A FOLLOW.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...