Friday 30 January 2015

Review: Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer in Galaxy!

Galaxy Apocalips! Rimmel's line of Apocalips lip lacquers have been very popular the last two years especially since they released much later in the US under the name of 'Show Off' instead of Apocalips! Rimmel used to be sold in Singapore but the last two years it looks like Rimmel cosmetics are completely pulled out of our drugstores although you can find their nail polishes!

Similar to many products I have I purchased this through the most awesome Shopping-district.net which is a local singapore website selling drugstore products and more that are not found easily or not found at all in Singapore such as ELF, Covergirl, certain L'oreal/Maybelline products and more!

Continue below for the review!
 Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer in Galaxy!
 Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer in Galaxy!
Packaging & Product!

These lipgloss are beautifully packaged! I really love how the tube is actually half transparent! The bottle half is actually see through so that color you see is the color of the gloss! The tube has a beautiful gradient design and the handle of the wand has a nice sleek geometric cut design. The wand itself  is a really lip hugging curved shaped and the surface of the wand actually has a slight inwards dent that holds a bit of product! It's like the front of a red blood cell and so you have enough product in one application!

In the beginning when I first saw this line I was soo tempted to pick up a few shades but after much thought and progress with my make up habits I realized I just needed one to try. Unless I really know something is going to be great and used often I really want to keep my purchases to one piece at a time.

The shade of galaxy is a super tantalizing mauvey berry tone with fine multicolored shimmer! I decided on this shade after viewing them on Pang's blog BeautyRedifined! The texture of this gloss is a lovely medium thickness, slight tackiness that keeps this within the lip lines and it has a lovely glossy wet sheen! I really love how on my lips this shade looks a bit more rose tone as my natural lip color is very pigmented and hence this color is super wearable!

A quite long lasting gloss, without eating or drinking this can last and look great! As someone who has lips that dry out easily and are sensitive no matter how much care I put into them this gloss formula definitely works for me and I'd recommend this for ladies of all skintones!

Swatches of  Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer in Galaxy!
Wearing Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer in Galaxy!
My boyfriend and what I call his 'pickle lips'!! He has such funny looking lips! I love this face he makes!
It's called pickle lips because of how it resembles the penguin that holds a pickle from Sumikko Gurashi toys!
Say cheese! One with lipgloss and one without!!
Wearing Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer in Galaxy!
Paid: $16.90 SGD or $12.60 USD (purchased from Shoppingdistrict.net)

Recommend: Yes! I really think this line has a great variety of shades from nudes, to pinks, to reds and a few more unique looking but super wearable shades! The textures of these are everything a gloss lover would appreciate which includes great pigmentation and a comfortable feel!

Repurchase: Nope, nothing to do with the product but it's just that I rarely wear lip products so it's going to take me a while to use this baby up!

Bottom line: A very good line of glosses, great shades, great lip feel and a line that has colors that would suit everyone! Do check these out if you've got the chance or take the risk and order one!

Do you own any shades from Rimmel's Apocalips line?
What do you think of this shade?
Let me know!

Feel free to comment!
Thank you!

8 comments:

  1. Ive been eyeing these for the longest time but I never end up buying them cause Im not a huge lip gloss fan. I know these are lip laquers but anyway ;)
    I really love that color though, you look amazing in it :)
    Im more of a lipstick girl so I do not think I will be buying any of these :)
    P.S You and your bf is such an adorable couple :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! galaxy looks stunning on you <3
    Love it <3
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Aurora and it's the most beautiful bright pinky red shade. The formula feels great as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ve been wanting to try these but cnt get my hands on any, this looks really good on u :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. i had a few of these but for whatever reason never reached for them so i gave them away. maybe b/c the colors were just ...too pigmented? and i find liquids a little hard to work with as they wear through the day. just a little more finicky than i'd like i guess.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful shade, the formula feels great not like a lip gloss. Would love to try it out. You look so beautiful honey, loved your shirt <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every time I check out the makeup section in the drugstore I always find myself standing in front of the Rimmel section looking at these glosses! I love how pigmented they are but I know I'm not the lipgloss type of gal so I never end up buying any. I love how Galaxy looks on you! You may have just persuaded me to try one on my next visit :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. They have been popular since two years ago?! What planet have I been on? LOL, I have just recently heard of these, maybe a couple of months ago?! And I love love LOVE these formulas, stay on so well, so lightweight and the color payoff is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO LEAVE A LINK TO YOUR BLOG!

I DO NOT FOLLOW FOR A FOLLOW.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...