This was the look I decided to do spontaneously on the first day of the new year. I used a matte pink blush as part of the pink eyeshadow look, kept things fairly natural but definitely hints of pink all over just because it's close to red!
Continue below for close up photos, products used and photos from my visit to relatives!
|Rosy pink Chinese New Year Look for 2012~!|
|Vamped up neutral eye with a muted matte pink!|
|Brown gel liner to pull everything together!|
|In terms of eyeshadows, I used a matte white highlight, matte muted rose pink and matte soft brown...|
note: the lancome eyeshadows are from the old Absolue Desir palette, it was a duty free exclusive! So in terms of eyeshadow names...i followed the order listed..hopefully the numbers are correct!
on the eyes...
- Mosaic cosmetics Blusher in 06 Amber Rose (found at SINMA in S'pore)
- Lancome ombre absolue in G20 (light brown)
- Lancome color focus in 250 (matte white)
- Kate Gel eye liner in Br-1 (dark brown)
- Kiss me Heroine long & curl mascara
- Lancome blush subtil in Rose Sable 02 ( warm rosy pink with shimmer)
- Maybelline color sensation in Totally toffee (nude brown)
- Dior addict ultra gloss in 662 (orangy pink with multi reflect shimmer)
- Mix of L'oreal true match liquid foundation in R2 (apricot Ivory) and Maybelline mineral power liquid foundation in OC3
|Our dogs, Sirius and Pebbles watching us get ready to leave in the morning!|
|An orange tree for good luck, sent to us!|
|Grandma's helper, two of my aunts and my mom in the hot pink top!|
|Home made mochi with crushed peanuts! Omg...|
|Dad and another aunt!|
|Brother and an uncle...|
|A cousin and more aunts!|
|My dad's mother and two more cousins of mine....|
|My two younger cousins, Nicole and Steffi! We finally friended each other on facebook while we met!|
How did you spend your chinese new year? With the family, friends, or by yourself? Did you do anything special make up wise?
Feel free to leave comments! Thanks!