Friday 1 August 2014

Home made Lasagna and lemon butter cake with glaze!

Dinner and Dessert! How many of you ladies cook home made meals at home? Well, I hope I'm not the only one! Besides having been trained to cook in school and having worked in a few kitchens I've always cooked at home or helped out with cooking. In the last year I've made so many yummy dishes at home by myself or with my boyfriend who also loves food and making it.

I decided I wanted a traditional lasagna with bechamel and lots of cheese and a tasty meat ragout inside! That I left to my boyfriend to take care of, while I made a lemon butter cake I saw on a blog!

Continue below for the delicious dishes!
Home made Lasagna and lemon butter cake with glaze!
The meat ragout base! Made with mince beef, pork, canned tomatos, beef stock, wine, dried herbs, red onions, carrots and celery!
A creamy bechamel sauce made with roux (butter and flour), ricotta cheese and milk!

A layer of cheese of your choice!
A layer of instant pasta sheets! And then repeat!! Do the layers thin and do multiple layers!
The top layer should be meat, then 5-10 minutes before you want to take it out, cover the top with cheese and bake till golden!
Let it rest for at least 15-20 minutes so that it won't fall apart and then cut up and serve!
The finished beautiful but short lasagna! The dish was so big we only could do 3 layers!
Delicious baked pasta, tomato ragout bachamel and cheese!
My first lemon butter cake with a lemon glaze! I made this with a recipe off a blog!
The lemon glaze is made of icing sugar, grated lemon zest and lemon juice!
A yummy small slice of lemon butter cake for an after dinner dessert!
Dense, moist, tangy, buttery and sweet! I like cakes like this, I really don't like cream at all!
The cake is actually upside down! The top is on the bottom of the plate!
A photo with the lovely boyfriend with my first and very successful lemon butter cake! It was a super filling but yummy food night with the Lasagna and the cake!

What was the last thing you cooked/baked at home?
Which do you want to try? Cake or Lasagna?
Let me know!

Feel free to comment!
Thank you!

11 comments:

  1. Ooooh, that lemon cake looks delicious (and the lasagna). I love lasagna but rarely make it because it's a bit time consuming. Can I have the recipe to that cake? I LOVE lemon cakes - and you're right, who needs frosting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stuff you and your boyfriend made actually look the way they're supposed to... unlike mine haha! Would like a slice of that cake to be express shipped to us pls :P

    t w o p l i c a t e s

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm full from dinner, but now I'm hungry again looking at that lasagna!
    The lemon butter cake really does looks moist. I used to bake a lot of cakes and cookies, but then I moved around a lot these past few years and never really had a full kitchen or the equipment for it. I'd love to be able to bake again. I do cook a lot at home though, but not nearly as well as you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH my!!!! looks delicious!! I have never made lasagna at home!! Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  5. surprisingly, it was lasagna as well!! i wanna make some more!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg that lasagna looks to die for! Hmmm!!

    Ana X
    anasofiachic.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love lasagna!*_* And the cake does look awesome too *_* It reminds me of baking some cake again. I didn't bake for a long time now although I really do love to do. Same for Lasagna.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of them look so delicious! You're definitely a better cook than me, haha :) The lasagne is such a perfect homey meal that is the ultimate comfort food and that cake looks so dense and moist and zesty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've always wanted to make my own lasagna at home but have always been too lazy.
    Your's look so yummy, I love how the top layer of cheese looks, YUMMMM

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love lasagna, but cooking actually scares me because I am afraid of making a mistake and wasting food! I tend to let my husband cook because he is so much better at it than me.

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO LEAVE A LINK TO YOUR BLOG!

I DO NOT FOLLOW FOR A FOLLOW.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...