Wednesday 20 August 2014

Review: Rival de Loop Liquid Make-up in 03 cashmere!

Cashmere Liquid Make-up! Many liquid foundations advertise and claim to go on the skin smoothly and most of them do but it's most important that it feels, looks and last well. I love using BB creams but they are 99% all have a dewy finish and I end up setting them with foundation powders so that they feel matte and last well all throughout a humid and hot day.

This foundation was gifted to me in a swap from Pam from Jade in the Palace blog! She and I both have oilier skins and similar skin tone! However my skin is no longer as oily as it was a few years ago and now I can say my skin is normal to slightly oily. I was so excited to see this German drugstore brand and was not disappointed at all!

Continue below for the review!

Rival de Loop Liquid Make-up in 03 cashmere!
Rival de Loop Liquid Make-up in 03 cashmere!

Rival de Loop Liquid Make-up in 03 cashmere!

Packaging & Product!

Very simple and straight forward, I'm a huge fan of the tube packaging. Although it's nothing pretty or eye catching I like tubes that fit the 30 or 40ml of liquid product just nice. They're small and make it easy and safe for me to bring around without worrying about glass or caps for pumps coming off. The tube is black and white and has a clear section on the side which I think is smart so that you get a look at the shade inside.

In terms of product at first I was slightly worried that the shade was going to be a tad too beige for my skintone as I have a tendency to tan very well and then fade right back to my light complexion. I've never been lighter than a NC20 so I wasn't afraid that I couldn't make it work. Although it's the 3rd shade in the light, on swatch I was so glad that this shade is a beautiful neutral beige! 

The shade of this is pretty much almost a dupe of the shade of Lioele's Triple the Solution BB cream if I'm not wrong. It's not too light or beige, it's a great neutral and it works very well on my light yellow beige skintone. It's a great light textured liquid foundation, nothing too heavy and it spreads and blends perfectly.

I love how the finish is an almost matte feel, although I do pack on powder after I apply because of the humid hot weather in Singapore! The color match is perfect and with the setting powder the medium coverage really can last almost the whole day through sweating! I constantly touch up so that definitely helps the long wearing quality of my bases.

Swatch of Rival de Loop Liquid Make-up in 03 cashmere!

As you can see swatched on my cheek the shade is a shade that evens out and brightens my complexion so perfectly! I just love that Pam got me the perfect shade without me being there!


Rival de Loop Liquid Make-up in 03 cashmere! A lovely light-medium coverage, it makes my skin glow and the shade looks so natural on me!
Rival de Loop Liquid Make-up in 03 cashmere! This shade is perfect on me and it's a lovely thin layer that doesn't need any layering!
Rival de Loop Liquid Make-up in 03 cashmere!
As the coverage is light-medium you can still see moles and a slight blemish scar that's healing on my cheek. This coloring is good for those with relatively clear skin without any dark scars. You'd need a concealer otherwise together with this for superior coverage.

Foundation comparison: Catrice Photo finish (my review), Rival de Loop Liquid Make-up, L'oreal Lucent Magique (my review), Bourjois Healthy Mix serum (my review)
Foundation comparison: Catrice Photo finish (my review), Rival de Loop Liquid Make-up, L'oreal Lucent Magique (my review), Bourjois Healthy Mix serum (my review)

Out of all the shades out of these four, the Rival de Loop and L'oreal match me best at this point in time with my current skin tone! I was a bit tanner when I reviewed the L'oreal so it looks so bright in my review of it. 

The Catrice matches me nicely although a tad too pink to go without a powder for color adjustment. The Bourjois Serum foundation is now a tad too beige for me but worn sheerly this is a good match although I will use a more light yellow powder on top.


Paid: Gifted to me in a swap! (Check the swap out here!)

I found this selling online between € 3-4 or $5-6.70 SGD

Recommend: Yes! For those who have fair to light medium skintones who are looking for a medium coverage foundation that blends beautifully and dries to an almost matte finish, this is what you need from the european drugstore!

Repurchase: No, I would totally recommend this to anyone but I rarely buy a foundation twice! Plus this one resides in Europe and isn't easily available in Asia!

Bottom line: A great quality foundation, it reminds me of a thicker version of Bourjois healthy mix! It has the same color matching, blending and light-medium coverage except that it has a thicker texture! Love the light scent too! Do check this out if it's avalible to you!


What's the most recent drugstore foundation you've tried?
Heard or bought anything from Rival de Loop?
Let me know!

Feel free to comment!
Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Yay I am glad you like this! I bought this one also for my sister and she likes it! She has dryer skin but this one works just well for her. Reading your review and looking at the finish on your skin, I think I should pick one for me as well xD

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO LEAVE A LINK TO YOUR BLOG!

I DO NOT FOLLOW FOR A FOLLOW.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...