Monday 15 April 2013

Skincare: Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating make-up remover!

Super Hyaluronic Acid it! A Japanese drugstore skin care line by the name of Hada Labo has been in Singapore for the last few years. The products are famous of having hyaluronic acid which apparently helps to retain moisture many more times than normal moisturizing complexes in skincare products.

I've been a huge fan of their exfoliating foam cleanser which I've reviewed here!

After browsing their line many times, I decided to try this make up remover, it claims to be very effective, moisturizing and gentle.

Continue below for the review!
Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating make-up remover


It's a 'hydrating' make up remover!
The magic ingredient being hyaluronic acid is meant to replenish moisture, keep skin supple and be gentle. This claims to be good for all skin types, especially sensitive being free of mineral oils, fragrances, alcohol and colors.
Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating make-up remover (Has a very gel like consistency)


Packaging & Product!

This make up remover comes in a niffy 200ml size pump bottle which makes it easy for dispensing how much I want. I usually only use this after a shower to remove last traces of eye make up or when I'm applying my make up to remove fall out, smudging and refining my eyeshadow/eyeliner.

It has a very gel like consistency, very cold when applied and it does not leave a greasy finish like a lot of strong make up removers with oil. The claim that this removes 'all' traces of make up however did not work out for me. I tried soaking a cotton pad and them soaking my eyelids to remove make up. It removes all regular eyeshadow, face product and lip product but my super waterproof mascara (Kiss Me Heroine) does not budge with this. 

However, this does not bother me as only oil based removers have removed this holy grail mascara of mine! I find that this remover is very gentle in the sense that even after a good make up removing in the shower and a face scrub and cleanse, using this doesn't further irritate the skin around my eyes. I use it during make up application to remove excess or to shape eyeshadow/eyeliner. 

Getting this into the eyes gives me a slight pinching sensation but with the wipe of a clean ear bud and nothing else, there's no further sensations or sting or anything. I've had shit luck with cleansing oils, got one in my eye before and it hurt so badly! I do want to try more gel/oil products though!


Using ear buds with the make up remover to get rid of the last bits of mascara/eyeliner on the lashline and inner and outer corners of my eyes after a shower!
Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating make-up remover

Paid: $18.90 SGD or $15.20 USD

Recommend: Yes for those ladies who don't use much waterproof make up, this works well for regular shadows, eyeliners and face products. However it works great to shape eyeshadow/liner or remove fallout!

Repurchase: Nope, I use very little at a time I think this will last me a long time and by the time this is half finish I'd want to try another type!

Bottom line: Useful to me as a refiner of my look and removing last traces of make up. The formula is very gentle and would be great for those easily irritated by skincare but it's nothing something I'd repurchase also it's been good at what it does!

Are you a fan of gel/oil make up removers?
 Tried anything from Hada Labo before? 
Let me know!

Feel free to comment! Thanks!

9 comments:

  1. i pass after this product so many times. really want to try it but i dont know why i just cant get it on my hands. im afraid it wont work on me since the price is a lil high. might try the olive oil ones in the future! hopefully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like a cool product Sharlynn! Really cool. :) Nice review. For me, I do the same - just get another one to try. THough if it works that much, I most often stick with it already hehe.

    I'm your newest follower. Hope you can check out my blog too and maybe we can follow each other :)

    ★♡ New Post (^_^) ♡★
    SheInside Giveaway and Product Review
    How SheInside does their giveaways and my thoughts on their products ...

    ❤ ~Chai
    http://chenmeicai.blogspot.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ChaiChenPage
    Follow Ice Goddhez via Bloglovin'
    Follow on NetworkedBlogs via Facebook
    Follow me via Google+

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a fan on cleansing gel and oils as those really remove makeup way easier compared to water base remover ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice review! I love make up removers in a semi watery oil type of consistency. I hate it when they get into my eyes tho. It really hurts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those mascaras (mostly Asian) are probably the hardest to remove, so poor earbuds ;P. I like the Hyaluronic aspect of this one to be integrated so I keep this one in mind

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been loving the skincare line from hada labo! I use the moisturizing line, not the whitening one and my skin is so suple and smooth despite of the cruel dry weather here in Germany.
    it is a bit difficult for me to buy hada labo here , but thank God there are few sellers on ebay which ship to germany !!
    I love oil based cleanser because it removes make up easier!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oo I love this brand for many of their skincare ranges! But to remove makeup, I use jojoba oil..just more economical! =p

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd like to try a cleansing oil, I suppose I have used Extra Virgin Olive Oil as a cleanser and boy when I get it in my eyes does it sting! I might consider seeing if I can buy this on ebay when I want to change it up. xx

    ReplyDelete


  9. That's interesting! Can you please share more about it? Thank you.




    Oil Makeup Remover

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO LEAVE A LINK TO YOUR BLOG!

I DO NOT FOLLOW FOR A FOLLOW.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...