Sunday 25 March 2012

Review: Shiseido Aqua Label whitening foam cleanser and cream!

Aqual label is a more inexpensive sister line of Shiseido! I picked these products up last December and have been consistently using them since! I've gotten results and shall be sharing them with you in this post!

Continue below for reviews on the foam cleanser and cream!

Shiseido Aqualabel white clear foam cleanser!
Shiseido Aqualabel white clear foam cleanser!



















Shiseido Aqualabel White Up Cream!
Shiseido Aqualabel white up cream..they have english labels pasted on them that come off after you open them!
Like all the other products in this line, it has "m-tranexamic acid" for lightening and hyaluronic acid for moisturizing
Ingredients list
The clear film not yet removed. It's a very light, thin alcoholic smelling gel textured cream that dries very quickly...

Packaging and Product!


In terms of packaging I have no issues with the colbalt blue plastic tube and tub, they are really sturdy and the snap on cap of the foam cleansing isn't going to break off easily any time. As for the tub it can be considered not as hygienic, however I make sure my hands are clean and recently have stored it upside down so I can get an amount easily without 'digging' into it.


White Clear Foam cleanser

This foaming cleanser contains white clay and hyaluronic acid granules for lighting and moisturizing purposes. Like other foam cleansers from the Shiseido line you need the smallest pea sized amount and it foams up like crazy enough for the face and neck. 

It has a lovely sweet melon smell and afterwards leaves the face feeling soft. The granules are few and you don't feel them at all. After just two weeks I saw and felt and improvement of the texture of the surface of my skin. I've been using it for now almost 3 months but plan to switch it up soon to take a break from it. 

Note: It's begun to smell a bit off even though it's in a shady area of my bathroom, however my bathroom gets a lot of sun and heat so it's possible it's going bad. There's about 60% of the product left now.



White Up Cream

Supposed to promote skin's microcirculation, prevent spots and keep skin hydrated. The product is a thin, gel like consistency, I would not call it a 'cream', It's very light, dries quickly to a slightly silky finish.

I used this thinly under my eyes and on pimple scars on my cheeks, however my skin seemed to get oilier in the morning after waking up and I developed deep pimples. Looking back, I was using this during the time of the month where I regularly get spots and this may have been adding to the regular cycle.

I stopped using this on my face and have been applying it all over my neck especially on a few dark patches I've had as a kid and after a month it's definitely lightened up in comparison to before.

Note: This smells strongly of alcohol.


Paid: 

Foam Cleanser- $16.90                         ($13.50 USD)
White up cream- $31.50                        ($25 USD)

Recommend: The foam cleansing for sure, it's had a great effect on improving my overall skin texture and helping to keep pimples away! I love the smell and how it foams. Not so much the white up cream, I believe it aggravated the oiliness on my face but if you aren't prone to pimples I'd give it a shot because it has a lovely thin texture.

Repurchase: Already have a back up of the face foam cleanser!

Bottom line:
My skin is combination so keep that in mind. The foam has been doing wonders, not drying out my skin and refining the texture. The cream didn't help the minor spots on my face but has lightened dark patches on my neck that have been there for years. I'd recommend the foam for everyone and the cream for those with normal to dry skin.

 Have you tried shiseido or aqua label products? 
What's your favorite foaming cleanser?
Let me know!


Feel free to leave comments! 
Thanks!

14 comments:

  1. I love shiseido!! but here in europe , the skin care is soooo expensive! T.T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...I've heard! But apparently certain european brands are quite good! When you come in the summer there should be sales, you should grab a couple skin care items then! :)

      Delete
  2. Nice! These products sounds and looks really nice and I'm glad they works great for you! Over here too, Shiseido is too expensive :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm sure you'll find alternatives just as good :)

      Delete
  3. oh no, sorry to hear the cream broke you out!! i've tried the toner & lotion frm this line and really like it. will def check out the cleanser nxt time. thanks for the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not 100% sure but im certain it provoked my skin! Yes, the cleanser is definitely worthy of a try! :))

      Delete
  4. the cleanser looks great! and glad that they work for you :D I'm always a fan of Shiseido :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard good things about the Aqua Label line but have never actually tried it. I'm def interested in trying the cleanser now! Thanks for the review. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do pick something up when you get the chance, it's pretty damn good for the most part! :)

      Delete
  6. Great review! I haven't tried many of the Shiseido products, but I find them generally pretty good. I might need to find me some for my uneven skin blotchy tones too!

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  7. hm i've always been a bit scared of whitening creams since it feels odd to be bleached by a cream. but it could be scary stories in my head haha
    though it wouldn't be nice at all to moisturize a heavy scented alcohol cream in the face.../Azure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most sold have ingredients to disperse/prevent melanin production...nothing that will really 'change' your skin intensely color wise. It's more about evenness!

      Delete
  8. Thanks, I will check out your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. hello there! great review;-) is White Up Cream available in SG?
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO LEAVE A LINK TO YOUR BLOG!

I DO NOT FOLLOW FOR A FOLLOW.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...