Tuesday 18 September 2012

Review: Barry M Dazzle Dust in shades 98, 89 & 51! (Petrol black, Oyster Grey, Mushroom)

Oh holy Dazzle dusts! These amazing things were acquired through a friend's uncle coming from the UK back in early June during my school graduation. I only asked for help to get three, thinking that the other products on my list would be bought as well.

Unfortunately many of the items weren't able to make it in the short time I gave my list out and so if I'd only known the Dazzle dusts were going to make it for sure I'd would have put down at least 10 and not 3!

Overall I'm very satisfied, my grateful for the help to get my first taste of such amazing British drugstore quality make up and three has been more than enough for now.


Continue below for the review, swatches and look!
Barry M Dazzle Dusts in 98 (Petrol Black), 89 (Oyster Grey) and 51 (Mushroom)
Barry M Dazzle Dusts in 98 (Petrol Black), 89 (Oyster Grey) and 51 (Mushroom)
Barry M Dazzle Dusts in 98 (Petrol Black), 89 (Oyster Grey) and 51 (Mushroom)
Barry M Dazzle Dusts in 98 (Petrol Black), 89 (Oyster Grey) and 51 (Mushroom)

Product!
All the rave and rant about how amazing these little pots of shadow are so true! They are of such a finely milled consistency and apply like a silk dust on the eyes. They are very pigmented and even when applied with a brush. I always use a primer on my eyes, whether it be a bb cream or dab of foundation. I thought I best use a stickier base since this is a loose powder product.

I love how these are so shimmery, I'm very much in shimmery shadows, totally in love with the shimmer factor on these. These shades are very wearable and unique in terms of what I've come across. Espescially shade 98 (Petrol Black) is such an intriguing shade. These blend very easily and well on the lids and I use them simply without much other colors.

My only complaint is that the little pots can be messy, I'm so afraid of spilling them or knocking them over. I store them upside down so I can see the number and color, that way when I do use them the tops of the product are flat when turned over. You do get some on your fingers when handling the pots too.

Besides that there's not much to say except, great quality, great amount, small neat pots, inexpensive, they come in such a wide range of colors and can be used in a variety of ways. If I knew my friend's uncle was able to acquire these so easily I listed down 15 shades not 3!

Barry M Dazzle Dust in 98 (Petrol Black) is a beautiful duochrome shadow that flashes a reddish purple..
Barry M Dazzle Dust in 98 (Petrol Black) also flashes a teal navy in some angles....
Barry M Dazzle Dust in 89 (Oyster Grey) is a lovely soft taupe shade with flecks of pinkish shimmer....
Barry M Dazzle Dust in 51 (Mushroom) is a light bronzy shade with lots of fine shimmer
 
Swatches!

Barry M Dazzle Dusts in 98 (Petrol Black), 89 (Oyster Grey) and 51 (Mushroom)
Barry M Dazzle dust in shade 51 Mushroom on the eyes!
A touch of highlighter, a slick of eyeliner and a coat of mascara!
My fresh glowing make up look using Barry M Dazzle Dust in shade 51 (Mushroom) and a touch of rose blush! I absolutely love this look!
Paid: £4.59 GBP = $9 SGD = $7.5 USD

Recommend: Oh gosh, totally! This stuff is amazing, so many colors to choose from, if you've got a chance pick a few up!

Repurchase: I'd love too but I don't think I'd be getting the chance to anytime soon! Must order in the future a few more shades!

Bottom line: Great quality and shade variety, the fine shimmery shadows are perfect for those who love shimmer and soft easy shadows to work with. They are affordable and I would pick up more if I had the chance!

Have you tried Barry M Dazzle Dusts? 
What shades do you like?
 Are you a fan of loose shadows?
 let me know!


Feel free to comment! Thanks!

8 comments:

  1. oh they look great!! you did a nice EOTD too ;))
    Barry M is only available through asos and some online shops here in Germany, so sad.. would be nice if I can touch and see the products directly T.T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sad for me too! But I think it's totally worth ordering if its not in Germany! it would be nice if I could see all the colors in real life! I used a ladies blog who swatched almost all the dazzle dusts!

      Delete
  2. Mushroom looks goooooooooorgeous! Wish I could get my hands on a few of these...
    Thanks for sharing the swatches. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely worth getting if you can! you're welcomed!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing, Mushroom is so pretty!!! I will be getting it this weekend, it looks so pretty on you!! I have a bronze loose shadow by Barry M which I love! However, I find loose shadow a little messy so I try to avoid using them on a daily basis, but I think it's because I'm just rubbish with make-up! It's funny how people not in the UK love UK products and vice versa!! xxX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to hear you're going to get it! They are such lovely eyeshadows. I need more if I get the chance, they are messy aren't they? Haha, I think it's because it's so exclusive to us and vice versa, hence the appreciation!

      Delete
  4. love the shimmery eye shades, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think they'll look great on eveveryone! :)

      Delete

FEEL FREE TO LEAVE A LINK TO YOUR BLOG!

I DO NOT FOLLOW FOR A FOLLOW.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...