Hello ladies! I've never been one who does tags or do about of post just talking about specific topics other than beauty or food related things. I'm very straightforward in my blog, beauty reviews, looks, food and days out, I don't spend much time doing much else. When I came across this post from another blogger I knew I would love to do it too!
This lovely idea for a post came from Carmen of Clothes and Camera blog! Check out her post here!
Continue below for the post!
|10 Things: I Wish I Knew About Make Up as a Teen!|
1. If you've got oilier skin, set all bases/foundations with a powder! This makes the world of a difference! 'Dewy' and 'glowy' can turn into oil slick quickly!
|Here I'm wearing my holy grail ZA two way powder foundation in OC00! (My review here)|
2. When it comes to mascara, it's all about the right formula for your type of lashes and your technique! I had to go through at least 40 different mascaras to figure this out.
|My holy grail mascara that I wear almost every time I do my make up! From Kiss me Heroine the Long & Curl! (my review here)|
3. Eye primers make the world of a difference. Eyeshadows usually aren't 'bad', you're just in need of a base! I've since fallen in love with cream shadows for bases!
|My favorite type of primer is a cream pot shadow or cream stick shadow! Maybelline color tattoo has a great range, my favorite shades are Inked in pink and Bad to the Bronze for any color look! (my review here)|
4. Blush isn't something only your mother or red carpet celebrities wear! It's a look changing, radiance enhancing weapon that can do the contouring for you too!
|My favorite type of blush shade is a rosy shade with a warm undertone. A shimmery finish adds natural highlighting and there's no need for contour with good technique! I'm wearing Kiko Bronzing Blush! (my review here)|
5. Your look IS complete without the black smoky line waterline! It's so much easier to maintain and create beautiful looks without a black eyeliner all the time in the waterline!
|As you can see from many of my looks both neutral or colorful I prefer a clean waterline under lash area as not only is it a clean look but I have super watery eyes! And the look IS complete!|
|A great gloss formula for super dry or sensitive lips is the NYX Butter Gloss! (my review here)|
7. Neutrals aren't boring and only what office ladies wear! They enclose a huge range of shades, tones and colors that make up the majority of easy to wear and beautiful rich looks!
|To create this rich neutral eye I've used 3 shades from the MUA Heaven & Earth palette! (my review here)|
8. Not sure how to use bright bold eyeshadows? Start with a slick of a bright shade of eyeliner instead to ease your way into more colors!
|As seen in this fun pop of color look, a slick of colored eyeliner, liquid, pencil or gel can totally start you off into the world of brights for the eyes! I used a Kiko cream shadow in this look! (my review here)|
|For small tiny asian lids you have to use much smaller brushes for your lid and crease! Some brushes from Zoeva, they are a good size for small lids! The first one is a face brush!|
10. Contouring is not a must if you've got great blush placement and blending!
Above in both photos I am just wearing blush. ONLY BLUSH. No highlight, no contouring or bronzing at all! You don't need to if you've got great blush technique that brings the color up the cheek to create that illusion of sculpted cheeks!
Hope everyone enjoyed this post! Do feel free to do this post as well, I'd love to see what were the things you wished you knew about make up when you were younger!
What are some things you wish you knew about make up as a teen?
Any make up tips you've developed you'd like to share?
Let me know please!
Feel free to comment!