Thursday 7 May 2015

Review: Zoeva Sun Power Blush Palette!

Sun Power Blushes! For those who don't already know I am a crazy blush maniac! I love powder blushes, especially a good shimmery, glowy one! I used to be exclusively in love with berry pink types of shades and rosy tones but the last few years I've totally dipped and then submerged my toes into all the other major blush colors and have loved them all!

This purchase was actually made now almost a year ago on Luxola.com! After having seen many rave reviews on their single blushes I was having a hard time deciding which one I wanted, hence when I saw this blush palette from them, retailing at only double the price of a single blush...I HAD TO GET IT. There were almost no reviews or photos of this palette, therefore it was a slight chance I was taking!

Continue below for the review!
Zoeva Sun Power Blush Palette!
Zoeva Sun Power Blush Palette!
Zoeva Sun Power Blush Palette!
Zoeva Sun Power Blush Palette!
Zoeva Sun Power Blush Palette on Luxola.com, from what I can tell it is actually no longer listed and hasn't been available for a while! There are still 6 single blushes available currently!
Zoeva Sun Power Blush Palette up close! The shimmery/satin shades have very fine shimmer that leave the skin looking glowy!
Zoeva Sun Power Blush Palette
Zoeva Sun Power Blush Palette!
Packaging & Product!

Simple, functional and light are what I think of when I think of the packaging of this blush palette. On the outside it doesn't look special at all, although the palette is super sturdy besides being also very slim and long which makes it very easy for traveling with if need be! To be honest there is no downside to this palette except for the size which is considered large. This palette however would be very easy to take apart if needed for those who want to de-pot!

Let's jump into the blush. Why did I get this palette instead of a single blush? Well I figured that a single blush cost just about half of this palette and after reading so many great reviews on the singles and knowing that I wanted to order at least two, I figured, "Why not just buy the palette!?" And so I did! This palette much as the name, "Sun Power" would suggest is filled with mostly beautiful warm tones and tones that remind of me sunsets! Expect a lot of golden and terracotta tones and lovely wearable oranges and pinky toned reds!

The quality of these shadows are pretty much flawless! If you are into matte blushes or blushes that give the skin a glow without any visible shimmer or shine these are perfect. The palette is a mix of satin/matte finishes and the powders pick up easily, apply evenly and blend out beautifully! 

Immediately after receiving this palette I had a huge wave of doubt, afraid that the colors overall were too warm and they weren't exactly what I was used to. I was expecting corals/peaches and nudes but I didn't realize how orange and red the coral shades were in real life. However I've now used all of the shades and despite being light skinned all the colors look gorgeous on!

Top row from the Zoeva Sun Power Blush Palette: Shimmery light bronze, shimmery golden bronze, matte warm earthy terracotta, satin rosewood, satin scarlet orange!

I find that the first two shades are quite golden bronze and hence like to mix them with other shades or use them lightly as a highlight!

To make the bold orange/reddish shades work on lighter skin, it's important just to use a very light hand and to tap off extra product from the brush (something I usually never do)

This palette is of great quality but I would think that these shades would look best on ladies of warm/olive undertones who are of a tan to medium or deep skintone!


Bottom row from the Zoeva Sun Power Blush Palette: A soft satin apple red, a bright matte orange, a satin golden camel, satin coral, satin pinky red!
Zoeva Sun Power Blush Palette
Paid: $32 SGD or about $24 USD 

(Purchased from Luxola.com, currently sold out but single blushes are still available!)

Recommend: YES. If you are someone of a more tan or deeper skin tone and would like a range of very flattering and high quality blushes do check out this palette or their singles!

Repurchase: No, I have enough blushes from them having purchased this palette! On reflection I do wished I had just been less greedy and got one single but there is nothing wrong with this palette except that the shade are more suited to darker skintones.

Bottom line: A palette which gorgeous warm and brown toned blushes. The quality of these are fantastic and just look so natural on the skin because of how well they apply and blend out. This palette is an amazing deal so do check out their blushes!

Have you tried any make up from Zoeva?
Warm or cool toned blushes?
Let me know!

Feel free to comment!
Thank you!
Feel free to join my international giveaway! (Link to the giveaway here)

17 comments:

  1. Luxola sale is great isn't it?? I recently just benefited from a good bargain, 2 beauty blender for only ca. 28usd ( usually you get only 1 for the price )!.

    This zoeva blush palette looks really nice, the shades could be too bright for me though. I prefer to wear subtle blushes as my cheeks are naturally red ( not in a good way. Lol )

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful palette! I never know what blush looks good on my skin so maybe I should invest in a palette!

    -The Preppy Student

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg those colors all look so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this palette have been sold out since I can remember :( the swatches oh my! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too prefer and love buying from Luxola. The blush palette has amazing shades!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG I need this for my freelance kit! thank for sharing dear..

    http://steph-g.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow this just looks stunning! I've been meaning to purchase more of their products other than their brushes :) Thanks for sharing!

    withloveploy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I completely agree that these colors would look best on darker skinned girls. What a great deal! And yes you do have lots of blushes haha but they are your thing! All blushes kinda look the same on me for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, this is such a beautiful palette, it has some gorgeous shades. I'm sure that all shades will be great on your skin. Nice pick honey! Kisses <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that palette looks so stunning, absolutely dreamy shades!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look like they would be perfect colours for summer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha I already knew about your craze blushes obsession and I love that about you and your blog :p Zoeva, I've heard of this brand, is it the one that everyone is crazy over its makeup brushes lately?! This is such a pretty blush palette, kind of reminds me of BH Cosmetics!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful colors and warm tones ^_^
    Happy to hear it suits you well! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Zoevea is so expensive for me to get because of shipping, but oh man oh man. Their products look so amazing! I'm also surprised about this palette's pigmentation and they definitely would look gorgeous on the eyes as well

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful shades in that palette :)
    Im sure that they all look incredibly beautiful on you :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great buy Sharlynn, the swatches look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  17. BUT LIKE, IS THERE A MIRROR ON THE UNDERSIDE OF THE LID?? REAL AND VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION, SHARLYNN! (L O L)
    Ah, this palette is so nice! I didn't even know that Zoeva did actual makeup, since I feel like everyone just talks about the brushes. Those "satin rosewood" and "satin scarlet orange" shades....YUM.

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO LEAVE A LINK TO YOUR BLOG!

I DO NOT FOLLOW FOR A FOLLOW.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...