Wednesday 13 May 2015

Rave Review: Maybelline Big Eyes eyeshadow in GD-1!

Big Eyes eyeshadows! From my knowledge these eyeshadow quads from Maybelline have been released in Singapore for more than a year now. In singapore we get 4 varieties of this quad, two browns, a gold and a peach toned one. This range of shadows is designed and packaged very differently from the 'Big Eyes' eyeshadows being sold in the US/UK which have more colorful shades, more variety and also have very different packaging!

It's been quite a long time that I've purchased any powder eyeshadows from Mayblline and I still actually want to try some of the Maybelline studio quads which were are so widely sold in the US. After a swatches the 4 quads we had I knew that I didn't want just more browns so I went for this gorgeous gold quad!

Continue below for the review and look!

Maybelline Big Eyes eyeshadow in GD-1!
Maybelline Big Eyes eyeshadow in GD-1!
Maybelline Big Eyes eyeshadow in GD-1!
Maybelline Big Eyes eyeshadow in GD-1!
Packaging!

I really am quite a fan of this super compact and cute packaging! Maybelline has been quite creative with how they package their quads from the triangular shape for the asian version of the Hypershine eyeshadows to the arrow like pans of the Studio eyes shadows and now this cutesy looking design which basically resembles an eye lid and is trying to tell you where to place shadow! (This is not new especially from Japanese companies who often layout shadows to resemble an eye lid)

Being able to see the shades through the compact is always a plus for me! Also the design of the shadows and the amounts of shades you get for each color is very well done, I really appreciate how much thought went into the design of this compact. The only downside I can point out is the space for the applicators. I wished they included better sponge applicators or just didn't include them at all! Although they don't bulk up the packaging much so this quad overall is very well done!

The four color options sold in Singapore! I wish we had some more interesting quads!
Maybelline Big Eyes eyeshadow in GD-1!
Maybelline Big Eyes eyeshadow in GD-1!
Product!

Rich, pigmented, smooth and gorgeous are the words that come to mind when I use these eyeshadows! Having been able to swatch them in store of course I already knew what they looked like (enter comment about how shocking it is that there are no testers at drugstores in the US. WHAT THE HELL) I purchased this quad mainly for the gold, how it's a rich yellow and slightly antique toned gold which isn't a gold that's often found in small drugstore palettes.

The dark brown is equally as rich, although the pigmentation of the brown tends to water down when blended out. The two lighter shades in this quad are amazing and not what I expected. The first shade on top, a light yellow toned wheat shade layers amazingly on top of a brown base and makes the most perfect inner corner highlight that blends so perfectly into the gold onto my lid. Also the last shade which is a tiny little slither of shadow in the palette is a very useful lower lash highlighting shade which is a very popular trick many asian girls do to enlarge the eyes.

Overall I'm extremely happy with this quad and that all the shades are shimmery/satin. I would love to own the peach tone one too but I'm choosing not to purchase anymore so that I'll have space to buy other things! These quads really are of high quality and I can't see anyone going wrong with the easy to wear shades!

Swatches of Maybelline Big Eyes eyeshadow in GD-1!
Wearing Maybelline Big Eyes eyeshadow in GD-1 on my eyes! This photo is a bit washed out as the brown in my crease is hardly visible! It's a gorgeous depth in real life!
Also from the Big Eyes range, I've tried the 'the falsies' mascara. Check out my review of it here!
Paid: $20.90 SGD or about $15.60 USD (Typical price for drugstore make up here!)

Recommend: YES. If you are in the need or WANT some gorgeous shimmery/satin neutral shades or a neutral palette with a peach or gold pop head down and check these babies out! Also consider wearing these on top of Maybelline's Bad to the Bronze cream eyeshadow for maximum color and wear time!

Repurchase: No, I love this quad but won't be buying more. Need to leave space for other purchases!

Bottom line: For those who are keen on a brown color scheme, shimmery quality quad from the drugstore, these Big Eyes eyeshadows are totally worth checking out! Great for beginners as well as more experienced ladies!

What's the last eyeshadow you bought from the drugstore?
Are you a fan of Maybelline eyeshadows?
Let me know!

Feel free to comment!
Thank you!

18 comments:

  1. the colors look so pretty and pigmented! love what you did with them

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. *-* Very pigmented, and youìre so beautiful. ✿ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah the shades are so stunning, and I love the packaging xx

    Gemma | missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow the quad doesn't look like Maybelline at all, maybe because of the cute design ^^
    the price is ridiculous though, it is so marked up :/ The shades are pretty and wearable, and they look greatly pigmented :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this quad!! I used to have the give me gold quad in the long rectangle packaging and used two palettes up! I love how buttery and silky these shadows are, they almost look wet on the eyes because they are so pigmented. Thanks for reminding me about these, I should dust mine off!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! The packaging on these is sooo much more interesting than the ones I've seen here in Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We totally have the same taste when it comes to eyeshadows and I think you chose the prettiest of all palettes ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I love the look you did with this. I also love the packaging. Very pretty! I feel like I don't see very many circle quads anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sharlynn,

    I can see the colour combination does enhance your eyes! I agree with most who left their comments with your post, the packaging looks really good.

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! they are so gorgeous and your make up is amazing!
    Great pigmentatios as well!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my God,this is such a beautiful quad. All shades are pretty and wearable. I totally fell in love with your eye makeup. Your are very talented doll. Love your makeup always. Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  12. You certainly have very big eyes & beautiful ones, Sharlynn! Those shades are gorgeous! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. That pink quad is calling out to me!! I feel like Maybelline has a better selection of products in Asia than in the States :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've swatched these quads n they are as beautiful as you said but no more buying for me for a while lol... love d look u created with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful makeup look... You have such beautiful eyes :)
    I wish I could get my hands on these palettes here too.. I love Maybeline shadows :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Holy crap, these are PIGMENTED. Didn't even know Maybelline could do such amazing eyeshadows, considering I previously picked up two of their quads? 5 pan palettes? and they were absolute crap. There was barely any pigmentation, and it was pretty much a glittery mess. I don't know how the Studio line performs, but MAN, ASIAN MAYBELLINE KNOWS WHAT'S UP.

    ALSO, I WAS AT MY LOCAL ASIAN MALL THE OTHER DAY AND SAW THE BLUE OMBRE EYESHADOW PALETTE YOU REVIEWED A WHILE BACK AND THOUGHT OF YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  17. (WAIT, I FEEL LIKE I'M GOING CRAZY BUT...I'M SURE I SAW AN OMBRE EYESHADOW PALETTE ON YOUR BLOG but I can't seem to find it. Maybe I'm thinking of another blog? D:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, these are really, really pretty! Yes, I've only one time seen a tester type swatch in my U.S. drugstores. It's crazy! I really only buy something if I've seen swatches on blogs or read a good review on it.

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO LEAVE A LINK TO YOUR BLOG!

I DO NOT FOLLOW FOR A FOLLOW.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...