Saturday 4 April 2015

Rave Review: Bourjois 123 Perfect Foundation in shade 52!

123 Perfect Foundation! Bringing you another foundation review! I've loved and used two foundations from Bourjois for several years now (Healthy Mix and serum version) but more than half a year ago I was on the search for a long lasting foundation and was directed to this. I have much trust in fellow local blogger Juli from Bun bun makeup tips and as we are very similar in skintone and skin type I went ahead and ordered this online as our drugstore has discontinued this as well as Bourjois Flower Perfection foundation! 

(We tend to get certain permanent products for half a year and then they are discontinued! We have very limited shelf space here!) I already had faith in the shade I chose but was really looking forward to see if this foundation would hold up against humidity and heat as Juli reviewed!

Continue below for the full review!

Bourjois 123 Perfect Foundation in shade 52!
Ingredients list of Bourjois 123 Perfect Foundation in shade 52!
Packaging & Product!

Much like their Healthy Mix foundation the packaging is pretty much exactly the same in terms of the style of the glass bottle, text and how descriptions are on the bottle. It's not the most exciting packaging but it's always nice to get a sturdy glass bottle, a pump and I personally like clear bottle and being able to see the foundation inside! Pretty much there's no downside to the packaging aspect of this foundation although it is a bit on the heavier side due to the glass.

I had picked this foundation as I already have loved the Healthy mix and serum foundations from Bourjois and when I read that this was a matte, long wearing formula I had to get it! My shade match for the other two foundations I have from them is shade 52 Vanilla and from swatch photos, all the foundations from them with the exception of the Happy Light foundation are pretty much the same in terms of shades.

This foundation has the same texture as the Healthy Mix which is fluid but with a slight creaminess and it blends out very easily and doesn't take too long to dry down to a glowy almost completely matte finish. Expect a medium coverage with one layer, you an easily build this up but it won't be a completely full coverage without a concealer. It's not matte to the point where I could go without powdering in Singapore but in a cooler climate you can totally go without any setting powder.

Shade 52 Vanilla is a great match for those who are NC 20-25 and is a lovely light yellow color with a hint more beige tone than the same shade from the Healthy Mix and serum foundations. For those with a more beige complexion or who are yellow undertone but more brown in color the Happy light foundation range tends to be more tan overall and less purely yellow.
Before and after wearing Bourjois 123 Perfect Foundation in shade 52!
After wearing this for months now both in the hot humid weather in Singapore set with a powder and also on holiday in the cool dry weather in Bandung Indonesia I can say that this foundation really is pretty much perfect for me. I always set my foundations unless that really are truly a super matte finish and this foundation not only lasts for hours through sweating and being out and about but it's not visibly worn at all at the end of the day.

In cooler weather, I set this once after applying and I never needed to touch up at all during the day so I can see this being a wonderful foundation for cooler weather for those with normal-oilier skin. I really never thought I'd be able to wear a foundation that felt comfortable, lasted and looked amazing with only one layer of powder! I really hope to find another foundation like this in the future!
Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation shade 52, Bourjois 123 Perfect Foundation shade 52, L'oreal Lucent Magique N2, Lioele Triple the Solution BB cream!
Out of these four foundations the best matches for at the moment is Bourjois's Healthy mix and L'oreal Lucent Magique. I'm at my palest right now at about an NC20 in my face. This foundation matches me very well too although just a tad more beige than the light yellow tone which I favor my bases to be! Out of these four, the 123 perfect and the Lioele are the most long wearing and high coverage. Where as the Healthy mix and L'oreal Lucent can also be built up to a medium coverage but they aren't as long lasting with a good amount of powder.

Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation shade 52, Bourjois 123 Perfect Foundation shade 52, L'oreal Lucent Magique N2, Lioele Triple the Solution BB cream!
Bare face! As you can see I've got slight darkness under the eyes and had a few blemishes healing!
After wearing Bourjois 123 Perfect Foundation shade 52!
Bourjois 123 Perfect Foundation shade 52!
Paid: $23.80 SGD or $17.30 USD 

 (purchased here on Asos.com as this is no longer sold in Singapore)

Recommend: Yes, this foundation has such a great formulation, it also looks great on those with light to medium skintones with golden/yellow undertones! If you need something long lasting with a good medium coverage this will be perfect!

Repurchase: YES. I'm someone who will touch up my powder several times a day but with this it's cut down a lot! The foundation really stays flawless for a long time and holds up amazingly in humid hot weather! 

Bottom line: A seriously high performance foundation, best for those with golden/yellow undertones and from a light to tan complexion. This would be best for those with a normal to slightly oily skin type and is perfect for wearing during hot days when you need your base to look great and stay on! 


Do you like long wearing matte foundations?
Tried any Bourjois ones?
Let me know!

Feel free to comment!
Thank you!

9 comments:

  1. This seems like a good one for my skin type. You look lovely Sharlynn! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sharlynn, I love the natural finish on your skin!! It looks very natural yet flawless with a slight dewiness, not dull at all!!
    I have only tried the Healthy mix and healthy mix serum foundation from Bourjois, and I liked them both ^^
    Bourjois is a very good drugstore brand , they have a lot of great products!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the finish on you, also love the fact that it's long lasting, wish I cn find a matching shade tho :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. woah i used to read bun bun all the time and then she took a break and i've totally forgotten about her until now. thanks for reminding me. she's always so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm currently looking for a foundation that will last through my work day and this seems like a nice product! I'll definitely look into it :) Hopefully it won't be too yellow on my skin though...Thanks for the review!

    Pastel Boulevard

    ReplyDelete
  6. The foundation did a great job leaving your skin so flawless. Happy Easter, dear! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have this foundation in shade 54 i think ... i so love this one ! It's one of my favorites ! The coverage is awesome and it doesn't feel tacky , not even after a few hours of wear . Overall i like most of the Bourjois foundations , they do a great job with these .

    ReplyDelete
  8. since its more beige will it match someone with yellow undertone? im nc20 and i feel like it'll pull pink on me :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I said it was a bit more beige than the Healthy Mix foundation but as you can see it's very yellow tone. There is no way this would look natural on me if it were pink toned! Just look at the photos of me, I'm far from pink toned...when I say beige, it's nothing to do with pink but more of a more neutral flesh color. You would match shade 51 best.

      Delete

FEEL FREE TO LEAVE A LINK TO YOUR BLOG!

I DO NOT FOLLOW FOR A FOLLOW.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...