Tuesday 28 June 2011

Food Rant: Home cooked Sandwhich-Burger Lunch w/ pictures!

 What was consumed?
Sandwhich-burgers©, beef satay and all the fixin's!

Yeehaw! I now shall put a © (copyright) symbol after my new word! Kidding!

Hello y'all! I shall write as if to a crowd of a thousand and with the passion of a blind man! I have a love for cooking, home cooking. Some baking but mostly western food like pastas, salads, soups and etc...(nom nom nom)


This is a short post on what I made for lunch a few days back for lunch with my mom, I hadn't even a home made burger in a while and saw some frozen chicken patties in the freezer I'd bought a while back (yes, yes...I know fresh chicken would be healthier but come on!). I couldn't let them go to waste could I?=d There was also a pack of beef satay on a stick which we've been eating for a while now. It's surprising delicious just like the real deal, it's marinated and pre-cooked and you can either grill them yourselves or we like to stick them in the toaster oven for convenience!



Ingredients used:
  • several leaves of Romaine lettuce
  • 4 short cucumbers
  • 4 small red onions
  • 2 large white onions
  • several chunks of fresh pineapple
  • 3 slices white bread
  • 2 slices wholemeal bread
  • 1 tomatoes
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 20 piece pack of beef satay
  • 3 frozen chicken patties

Here are the pics! (Warning! I look a bit crappy, woken up, not changed and went straight to cook!)

Woohoo...just look at that crispy bottom! That's how I like me eggs!


My mom's, I used wholemeal bread for her...and its a single 'storey' one...hehe
The top layer of my 'sandwhich burger'...nice juicy tomato slice!


Bottom layer...

The double stacked beauty, yup, she was a mouthful alright...


Beef satay, out of the oven, (they were strategically placed like that to use the space in the oven more efficiently!

Satay sides...the typical cucumber, red onion, pineapple...but no rice cubes!

Everything together...and my mom's tabasco

Here I am attempting to stuff the thing into my mouth (which I succeeded in)...told you I look gnarly!

If you're wondering...that red/pink drink with ice cubes is 'rose syrup' as it's known in singapore. It's like Ribena but rose scented and the traditional drink is taken with milk added and that's called "Bandung". I prefer mine without the milk, just cooling and sweet.

I plan to make different types of burgers in the future...with chicken thigh, or pork shoulder (oh so tender) as the meat so at least I know I'm getting 100% meat and no flour fillers!

Stay tuned for more food/beauty/shopping posts! 

Next up is a make up look so you get to see me a bit more dolled up and camera ready!

Leave me comments/questions!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

FEEL FREE TO LEAVE A LINK TO YOUR BLOG!

I DO NOT FOLLOW FOR A FOLLOW.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...