Sunday 12 February 2023

Special: Sunday Brunch for my boyfriend's birthday!

Hello everyone! It's been 5 years since my last post and A LOT has transpired. I recently actually watched the movie Julie+ Julia...or is it Julia+Julie? Basically the protagonist starts a blog as part of her cooking journey through Julia Child's famous cookbook and that reminded me about this blog that I used to regularly write!

The next couple posts or so will be old draft posts I want to put out before I start putting out 'new' and more recent stuff. I'm not quite sure if I want to still include a mix of food/travel so we shall see!

Continue below to check out the delish buffet lunch we had back in May 2018!

Sunday Brunch at Mezza9 Grand Hyatt Singapore
Check out Lis poo on the roof! In 2023 she's a fully indoor cat but she loved roofs!

The buffet at the Grand Hyatt Mezza9 has a thai section that included nothern style fermented sausages and juicy pieces of pork satay

Grilled stay in the thai section

The seafood on ice, it was disappointing at how little oysters they had! It ran out like 45 minutes before the buffet time ended which was ridiculous!

Loads of salad options but I rarely touch salads at buffets

There was this delicious amazing foie gras pate and I had A LOT of that!

Chocolate fountain! I've never really cared for these, I rather eat interesting dessert items than fruit with chocolate!

Shockingly there were sooo few dessert options when we were there! Literally these small tarts, a few puddings/pies and the fruit and fondue, so a really small selection

I'm pretty sure I had a bit of every dessert because there was so little!

The prawns on ice were great! I had a lot of these, super fresh and sweet and firm!

Also enjoyed a number of lobster halves but they tend to be overcooked

A small range of grilled meats, sliders, pork, sausages, I was taken a back by how small the hot main selection was too compared to buffets we have seen in Bali for example!

Lingga's first plate, he always does charcuterie and antipasto!

My plate!

Roast meats, which we didn't touch

Roast lamb, yorkshire puddings and whole heads of garlic!




My second plate! Loved it

My third plate! Could not get enough of the toast with foie

The crowd was pretty good, a lot of working professionals although it was a sunday brunch!


A bit of everything for dessert!

And yes I had more foie with ice cream for dessert!

GIANT Tabasco bottles! Loved these



 
 
 I recall that the lunch buffet was around $100 per person before taxes and service charges. Honestly it was nice but not good value for the price. I think we have been spoiled by the quality and spread in Bali and it's hard not to compare. I would rather spend less money overseas on a better buffet!

 
Have a good one!
Thank you!
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

FEEL FREE TO LEAVE A LINK TO YOUR BLOG!

I DO NOT FOLLOW FOR A FOLLOW.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...