Tuesday 22 September 2015

Summer Skincare 2015: Products I'm using right now!

Summertime skincare! Yes, I know..."summer" technically is way over and many of you may be living in places where you're currently enjoying fall or autumn weather! However over here in sunny little Singapore we experience hot, humid, sunny weather all year round. Currently temperatures are usually 27-36 C and humidity is above 50% so it usually feels warmer than the actual temperature! I will never stop complaining about how hot and humid it gets because that's literally the main reason why many ladies don't wear or don't wear much make up here as we perspire like crazy and tend to have oilier skin in this climate!

Here I have an overview of the skincare/hair care products that I've been using the last few months and am currently using! For the most part my skincare stays pretty much the same all year round. I don't have any major changes due to the climate and my skin needs being the same most of the time.

Continue below for my skincare overview!
Summer Skincare 2015: Products I'm using right now!
Hair care: Rejoice Soft & Smooth Shampoo, Mane 'n' Tail Gentle Clarifying Shampoo, Essential Ultra Butter & Shea Butter mask, Organix Hydrating Macadamia Oil
My hair is long, thick and tends to dry out at the ends whilst easily oily at the roots due to lots of sweating and the humid weather! I always rotate my shampoo from something yummy smelling (herbal essence/pantene/sun silk) and hydrating to a clarifying one depending on how greasy my scalp feels. Besides washing my hair everyday with shampoo I also almost always condition the ends of my hair every day. 

At least once a week I'll use a rich hair mask on the lower half of my hair and one that I've now repurchased a few times is from Kao Essential. Also I've been needing a bit more help with the dryness on the tips of my hair so I've been using a dry styling oil to tame the ends of my hair before heading out of the house. I've also loved Herbal Essence's smooth lovin' none hair serum which works well on a daily basis for my hair. I plan to repurchase Red Ken's hair serum which I used a while ago as it's the dry hair tamer I've used.

Skincare (exfoliation/cleanser): St. Ives Blackhead Clearing Green Tea Scrub, Hada Labo AHA+BHA tamagohada oil control wash, Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Cleaning Foam
When it comes to my scrubs and face washes I also have one exfoliating product with manual scrub particles such as crushed walnut/apricot shell or seed or something with salt or sugar grains. I'm a giant fan of the St. Ives apricot scrub and have used it so many times as well as their oatmeal version but I've been loving their green tea scrub. Also I've always kept a tube of Hada Labo's AHA+BHA chemical exofoliating wash which has worked well keeping the texture of my skin smooth.

 In terms of face cleansers I've been using Shiseido's and their sister company Aqua Label's foaming and purifying cleanser all of which are equal in quality and really remove make up and leave my skin feeling fresh and not too dry. So far I've used both Shiseido's White Lucent and Ibuki range of cleanser as well as the royal jelly and whitening cleanser from Aqua label and have found that all four products work equally as well!

Skincare (toner/mask/sunscreen/moisturizer): Alba Botanica Hawaiian Facial Toner, Mustika Ratu Penyegar Sari Mawar Rose toner, Tosowoong Platinum Miracle Skin Pore Tightening Pack, Biore Aqua Rich Watery Essence spf50pa++ Laneige Water Sleeping Pack_EX, L'oreal Revitalift Laser x3 Night Cream Mask
Toners with alcohol are something I MUST have in my skincare routine, especially when I'm home all day without any make up on or at night before I sleep. My skin gets oily even if I'm home and inside and I've found over the years that I usually need to have one strong alcoholic toner and one that's more gentle which I use depending on my skin. This hawaiian one was very interesting but I won't repurchase it again as it didn't keep my skin free from feeling oily for very long and had a quite a strong smell that I didn't like. I also am using this rose water toner from indonesia which smells beautifully of rose. If you don't have very sensitive or dry skin, I recommend trying floral/fruit toners from Indonesia/Thailand/Philippines. 

In terms of moisturizing I use a richer night cream, my newest product from from L'oreal which has a pudding like texture which I really like. For the daytime my main skincare component is sunscreen, I like light formulas like Biore's milks/essence/mousse. For treatment purposes as its very hot and humid and my skin is combination I still do find a need for some kind of moisturizing treatment at times and go for my favorite water sleeping pack from Laneige. In terms for days when I feel that my skin is getting really oily or that my pore needs some tightening I go for the best ever liquid clay mask I've tried by Tosowoong.

Body care: The Body Shop Virgin Mojito Shower Gel, The Body Shop peppermint Smoothing Pumice Foot Scrub, Scentio Tripical Watermelon Hydrating Body Scrub!
As someone who in the past never indulged in body washes or scrubs I've been enjoying fresh fruity, floral and tropical scented products. The fresh mojito shower gel just makes me so happy every time I use it as well as the super yummy watermelon scrub which I picked up from Beauty Buffet in Bangkok. Also for my heels, I've been a fan of this pumice scrub which combined with a pumice stone gets you the smoothness and softness heels! I don't have any needs when it comes to body wash products but I personally prefer gels instead of creams of products with beads or granules.

Skincare (lip balms):  Smith's Strawberry Fraise lip balm, The Scottish Soapworks Honey lip balm, Glamourflage Bella Blaze honey lip balm, Nivea essential care lip balm, Lip Ice honey lip balm, Lip Ice menthol apple lip balm, Dr. Lipp Original Nipple Balm for lips

Many girls may own a butt load of lip balms and treatment products like me but the only thing that seems to actually work for my lips are the balms from Glamourflage. Their balms are oily and deeply nourish my lips and keep them in the best state for days. My lips are always on the edge of being too dry. They peel so damn easily despite what kind of lip balm or product I use and has even cracked open because I used a drying lip liner and it took a month for them to heal up. I drink more water than anyone I know so hydration is not the issue. 

I've come to realize I need an arsenal of lip products to rotate. Several times a week I will use a my holy grail Glamourflage lip balm otherwise more waxy less moisturizing formulas like Smith's and Nivea will be fine for the days when my lips are fine. Dr. Lipp's nipple balm at first is super thick and waxy but it melts on application and becomes a great shield between the lips and the environment but still doesn't provide the moisturizing qualities I need. I also am a huge fan of Lip Ice balms which are lightweight, not too waxy and are great for daily use.



What are products that you used during the summer months?
Care to share any holy grail summertime products?
Let me know!

Feel free to comment!
Thank you!

8 comments:

  1. Everyone seems to love that Shiseido cleanser. I'm also impressed with everything that you can get in Singapore. I swear you guys have stuff from every corner of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are using a lot of stuff on rotation! hehe I need to try that balm too. Sounds like it works amazing for you.

    My current summer skincare products are so minimalistic... a body cream/butter, a lightweight moisutrizer and a serum for those drier days :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. I waned to try the Kao hair mask for some time now but never actually bought it. It must be good since you repurchased it. The Rose toner looks also so beautiful ♡

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post, Sharlynn! yes even though it's summer all the time but a good skincare routine is still a must, right?? ^^
    I use the Biore sunscreen too and I love it so much. It's just all I need from sunscreen in one product! For the cleansers, I am using the Hadalabo too , it's one decent product for the price. But I am currently trying some different cleansing balms too ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been loving seeing other people's skin care products! Lately, my skin has been feeling clogged and so I keep wanting to buy more and more exfoliators - chemical and physical. Your skin looks super great and so I'll be checking out your recommendations if I see them in stores! (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love St. Ives scrubs!! They're so cheap and so efficient! I am using the virgin mojito shower gel too, SMELLS AMAZING! I don't care it's fall, I want to smell good no matter what season :P

    Macarons and Mischief

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice skincare products c: You clearly are more skincaring than
    I do haha, but I so want to try out Laneige sleep package!
    Xx Ice Pandora

    ReplyDelete
  8. St Ives Green Tea Scrub sounds nice. I'd like to try it.

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO LEAVE A LINK TO YOUR BLOG!

I DO NOT FOLLOW FOR A FOLLOW.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...