Thursday 3 September 2015

Rave Review: Catrice Defining Blush in 080 Sunrose Avenue!

Sunrose Avenue we go! Those who have read my blush reviews may know that I've reviewed quite a few of the single defining blushes from Catrice. This brand, a european drugstore brand became avalible a few years ago and sells such a wide and amazingly range of products for half of the price of regular drugstore names in Singapore like Maybelline, revlon and so on. I've fallen madly in love with these blushes given their price, colors and quality.

This shade was the last shade I added to my collection of a total of 5 single blushes from Catrice. The moment I swatched this shade I knew it was going to be to love! Those keen on seeing my Catrice blush collection (check out here!)

Continue below for the full review!
Catrice Defining Blush in 080 Sunrose Avenue!
Catrice Defining Blush in 080 Sunrose Avenue!
Catrice Defining Blush in 080 Sunrose Avenue!
Packaging & Product!

Practical and simple pretty much cover the packaging of the single blushes from catrice. The same can be said of their single shadows as well as quads and small eyeshadow palettes. I find that these clear thick plastic packaging is very appealing as I love being able to see the product inside. Also they sort of resemble how Shu Uemura packages their single blushes. I've since depotted all of my catrice blushes and they are easy to remove after heating the bottom with a lighter and then lifting the blush pan up with a thin blade like a pocket knife. The only downside I've come across is how the plastic around the hinge tends to crack and break. When that happens the cover can't properly stay on or drops off  easily.

This blush has to be my favorite out of all the shades I own from Catrice. I knew it from the moment I swatched it that it would be true love. Like all the others, the texture is silky soft but not not powdery like the others which mostly are a soft matte finish. This shade is a soft warm rose with a golden sheen which makes for the most gorgeous sheen on the cheeks as well as a color that never is too heavy. It's pretty much impossible to wear too much of this as the pigmentation is a lovely translucent quality. Overall this blush has average wear time but for the price, color and other qualities this blush is a winner in my books!

Swatches of Catrice Defining Blush in 080 Sunrose Avenue!
Wearing Catrice Defining Blush in 080 Sunrose Avenue! Wearing a good amount of it and it still looks fabulous!
Catrice Defining Blush in 080 Sunrose Avenue on my cheeks! Isn't it the most gorgeous glow?
Paid: $6.90 SGD or about $5.40 USD 
(All drugstore blushes from Maybelline, revlon, l'oreal are betweeen $18-20 SGD)

Recommend:YES.
I can't say yes enough!! These blushes although a bit powdery and very soft in texture which makes them prone to breaking if you were to accidentally drop or knock them are just too good in all the other departments! For every skintone you'll find a shade that will look great on you!

Repurchase: Nope! I can say this finally as I've pretty much purchased all the colors from their blush line that interest me....AND I'm trying not to buy make up I don't need!

Bottom line: Gorgeous blush color that gives the most pretty glow. You can't go wrong with the application or amount of this blush. For the price, you'd be mad to just walk by them! 



What do you think of the color Sunrose Avenue?
Do you own any Catrice products?
Let me know!

Feel free to comment!
Thank you!

17 comments:

  1. This one's so beautiful, wow. And I can actually get my hands on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this color! Lately I've been using a lot of orangy blushes... I need to get myself something pink!

    Looking great as always!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wish we had catrice here. find essence (the sister brand) is not as difficult here (although we don't get the seasonal LE stuff for some reason) and essence performs quite well so catrice would be awesome to explore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never knew that Catrice sells well in your country c:
    I like their nailpolish collection the most!
    Anyways, the blush looks good on you ^_^
    Xx Ice Pandora

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so nice on you! It gives you that nice, natural flushed look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful shade!! I love Catrice blushes, they're amazing and very affordable ^^
    I haven't had this particular shade though, will have a look later. My fave blush shade from Catrice is the Rosewood one ( can't remember the full name xD )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never heard of this brand but I think I love it already. So cheap and so pretty!!! I agree about that gorgeous translucent texture. Plus the name Catrice sounds so sassy hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not sure about the brand, but I sure like the price! The rosy colour gives you a very natural look, dear! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Youve got the most gorgeous cheeks! =) they'll look good with ANY color! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks nice of you! And for the price, I will give this a go! Thanks for the rep!

    Have a lovely weekend!

    xoxo,
    WWW.THEFRUGALBLOGGER.NET
    INSTAGRAM
    FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  11. This shade is pretty similar to my Charlotte Tilbury shade, but it looks way better on the skin. I think Catrice is finally available in the states, but I wanted to check out their line first before making an order on ulta's website.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This blush looks so natural, I love the shade :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This shade looks lovely! I would love to try their blushes. I haven't tried any product from this brand yet.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I see you got a lot of CATRICE BLUSHES. thanks for your reviews. :D
    IWe have a close skintone and currently seaching for coral shades. :)

    Glenda { A Beauty Bella }

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kinda regret not picking up any of Catrice's blushes when I was in Europe, but what can ya do :( I'd totes love to own this--the 'translucent' finish is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this shade, it's really very pretty. Nice review honey. The blush looks beautiful on your face <3'Kisses <3
    www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO LEAVE A LINK TO YOUR BLOG!

I DO NOT FOLLOW FOR A FOLLOW.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...