Thursday 27 October 2011

Review: Vichy Aqualia Thermal moisturizer (pics!)

 I've actually been using several Vichy products the past few months, mainly from their  Normaderm line for oily skin but I picked this up as a richer alternative to my daily neutrogena moisturizer which has been working out fine.

This is a review of..."Vichy Aqualia Thermal Light Fortifying & Soothing 24Hr Hydrating Care"

Yikes...that's a mouthful for a moisturizer! 

Vichy Aqualia Thermal Light Fortifying & Soothing 24Hr Hydrating Care- sleek and easy, this could easily be packed to go!


Packaging!

In terms of packaging, something which I like a lot when it comes to Vichy products, it's simple and easy. All of their things can be easily packed to go traveling, no worry about spilling or breaking or being bulky. I like tubes and the small opening makes dispensing the product controlled and easy. The color of the tube is also somewhat pleasing and calming...reminds me of the sea.






Nozzle, twist off cap...great for control
Product!

In terms of product I'm sort of on the fence about this one. It's meant to be 24 hour hydration, a light cream that is paraben free and full of minerals. I only used it during the night on particular spots on my face before sleeping however I found that even though it's very light in texture and oil I began developing little oil bumps. The bumps went away after I applied benzyl peroxide (for pimples/oil) and so I'm not sure exactly what to think. 

On one hand, it really did help with plumping up the fine laugh line and dry patches but I think it may have lead to oil bumps (it's not oil free) so I can say it's a good product, probably does what it says but it's not suited to my sensitive skin. I've also had slight stinging around the nose and mouth area which made me stop using it.
For now I just use it on my laugh line area and on my neck and hands where it makes no difference! It's too bad because it wasn't exactly cheap and it has a lovely light scent I actually enjoy!


The  product straight from the tube...

Blended out easily, light and fresh smelling....

 The Pros...

  •  Simple, easy to go packaging
  • light texture/smell
  • fills up fine lines 
  • non-greasy



The Cons...


  • a bit pricey
  • gave me oil bumps 
  • stinging sensation around nose








Paid: $29.90 (approx. $24 USD)

Repurchase: Nope! I'm looking for something else!

Recommend: If your skin isn't helplessly prone to oiliness, do check this out!

Bottom Line: Great texture, smell, packaging but sadly not for me. I won't continue using anything that makes my oily skin worse or stings. I think it may suit people with drier or normal skin types.

Overall I'd give this a 2/5! (it's not for me!)



Have you tried any Vichy skin care products? Do you buy oil-free products? Let me know!




Feel free to leave me comments and questions!


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

FEEL FREE TO LEAVE A LINK TO YOUR BLOG!

I DO NOT FOLLOW FOR A FOLLOW.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...