Sunday 6 August 2017

Review: Origins Clear Improvement and Out of Trouble Masks!

One mask, two masks! For those who read up and watch reviews online of trending brands and products, today's featured items in this review would not be a surprise. Origins is an American brand known for producing natural skincare products. Being a user of clay products, a fan of liquid masks and someone with combination skin, I'm excited to be reviewing two liquid masks I picked out!

Continue below for the full reviews!
Origins Clear Improvement active charcoal mask to clear pores and Out of Trouble 10 minute mask to rescue problem skin masks!

Packaging!

First off these two masks are packaged conventionally in squeeze tubes with a flip cap. I do like that I can see the charcoal mask in the see-through tube and the Out of Trouble mask tube matches the color of the product inside. There's nothing particularly special or appealing about the packaging but I do like that it's straightforward and there is clear labeling and instructions on the front and back!

The size I have is the large 100ml tube, for those keen on getting a sample, there are also 10ml one time use pods available. Overall I'm a fan of the packaging, the design is clean and crisp looking and importantly tubes makes it easier and more hygienic to use compared to jars.

Fresh swatches of Origins Clear Improvement active charcoal mask to clear pores and Out of Trouble 10 minute mask to rescue problem skin masks!
 Product!

The Out Of Trouble 10 minute mask to rescue problem skin is a mask meant to absorb excess shine ad refine rough texture its suitable for all skin types. It has contains zinc oxide, sulfur, salicylic acid and camphor to help prevent skin troubles. Compared to the charcoal mask this has a much thicker paste-like texture that takes more work to spread out evenly. There is also a stronger menthol powder type of scent which is likely to be from the camphor.

The Clear Improvement active charcoal mask has a thinner texture that's like a thickened sauce. There's a distinct slightly herbal but clean earthy scent to the product and upon application there is a slight cooling sensation. It has activated charcoal and white china clay. It's meant to remove dirt and absorb oil to remove impurities, prevent future breakouts and minimize pores.


Dried swatches of Origins Clear Improvement active charcoal mask to clear pores and Out of Trouble 10 minute mask to rescue problem skin masks!

As seen above, both products dry down very nicely. The charcoal mask takes a bit longer to dry completely down but it depends also on how thick a layer is applied.

Headband on! Ready to try out some masks!
Origins Out of Trouble 10 minute mask to rescue problem skin

The Out of Trouble mask was a surprising product for me as I've only tried liquid clay before I did not know what to expect. It takes a little more work to apply this mask but after 10-12 minutes and a good wash, there was a very visible difference to my skin.

A blemish which was on the cusp of building up was flattened, my skin felt smoother and looked brighter and more even. I would definitely be using this before a night out, after a night out or if I have an occasion.

Origins Clear Improvement active charcoal mask to clear pores

As for the charcoal mask, I found it a real pleasure to use, not only did it dry up really well after 10 minutes, areas on where excess oil was absorbed such as on the nose is visible as darker spots up close. After washing it off, my skin felt tighter, softer and slight bumps on the sides of my face were flatter. Definitely a great choice for those with combination skin or oilier skin.

This could be used as a spot treatment too such as applied only to the T-zone for example or only onto areas with more oiliness as the entire face usually doesn't need this treatment as it can be drying for skin which isn't oilier.

My skin after using the Out of Trouble 10 minute mask!
My skin after using the Clear Improvement active charcoal mask!
Origins Clear Improvement active charcoal mask to clear pores and Out of Trouble 10 minute mask to rescue problem skin masks!
Paid: Store credit provided by Sephora

Recommend: Yes! Both masks are very effective in their respective ways and leave my skin feeling refreshed, visibly smoother and most importantly bumps and blemishes flatter! Both masks are suitable for all skin types although I'd recommend the charcoal one more for oilier skin. 

Repurchase: Yes, when I do run out of either mask (which will take some time), I would be keen on repurchasing. They do their job fast and come in super handy if I'm in need of a perk me up!

Bottom Line: These are two solid mask products that would benefit most skin types with the exception of those with dryer skin. Definitely a skin savers or treatment give how the skin gets more clogged in the humid weather.



For my readers in Singapore,  feel free to shop for Origins products here!
 


What Origins products have you tried before?
Are you a fan of liquid masks?
Let me know!

Feel free to comment!
Thank you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

FEEL FREE TO LEAVE A LINK TO YOUR BLOG!

I DO NOT FOLLOW FOR A FOLLOW.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...