Tuesday 3 September 2013

FOTD: Aubergine Eyes and day out with tea time dim sum!

Dim Sum Tea Time! One of my favorite all time chinese food categories besides noodles & rice is dim sum. It consists of a huge variety of steamed and baked snack foods, dumplings, rolls, buns stuffed with meats, seafoods, vegetables and are eaten usually with tea.

On this day, I met my boyfriend for lunch at home and then headed out and bought a younger friend of mine tea down town. I hadn't been back to my favorite place for dim sum so it was lovely!

Continue below for the photos and look!
An aubergine eye look and an afternoon of delicious dim sum tea!
My very sparkling inner highlight done with Maybellines color tattoo in "too cool", however its not as fine shimmer as I'd like. The amazing thing is how well they stay without smudging or moving!
I used an Urban Decay shadow pencil and then topped it off with a Catrice single eyeshadow! (check my catrice eyeshadow reviews here!)

The texture of the shadows in this look was a bit coarse but the dark shades masked that quite well.
Products used: Topshop blush duo (my review here) theBalm highlighter (my review here), Bourjois healthy mix (my review here), Heroine make up mascara (my review here), Peripera eyeliner (my review here), Maybelline Color tattoo in Too cool (my review here), Sheene choco duo shadow, Urban Decay 24/7 eyeshadow pencil, Catrice single eyeshadow (other shades reviews here), Catrice Camouflage cream


Having photo session time with the boyfriend!



I swear you can't do this to just anyone...!
A friend of mine still in highschool, I met up for some girl catching up and dim sum!
Dim sum tea time! Xiao Long Bao (filled with juicy soft sweet pork), Chives dumpling (filled with chives and carrots), Gou Tie (pan fried filled with pork), Wanton with chilli and vinegar oil dressing!

The month of August was filled with a lot of friend visiting and spending time with the boyfriend. It's been quite a juggle but I've been doing well and will be changing internship places soon. Stay tuned to more product reviews in the coming weeks!

Thank you for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. You guys are adorable :)
    Love the makeup ! So sultry ;)
    I've heard so many great things about that highlighter from The Balm ... maybe i'll purchase it one day .

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look gorgeous as always, and the makeup is perfect! The shimmer in that colour tattoo reminds me of the Stila Smudgepot in Kitten, which is actually a hard formula which I don't like. But i've recently gotten the Maybelline CTT in Barely Branded which is a beautiful shimmery skin tone highlight colour xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your boy are too cute! :) Love that Catrice single eyeshadow - stunning colour and it looks super pigmented. I have Too Cool somewhere in my makeup stash but I rarely use it ... it's so frosty and too pigmented to use purely as an eyeshadow base. I much prefer Barely Branded for that purpose.

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO LEAVE A LINK TO YOUR BLOG!

I DO NOT FOLLOW FOR A FOLLOW.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...